Florida Marlins Concept

AAO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the logo, personally. Very cool. The concept id very nice, great work on this one

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The fish looks a little weird, and I don't like that the pinstripes were taken away. The Marlins have had stripes since day 1, and I prefer to keep it that way. Otherwise not a bad idea. At least there's more teal in it than black like the Marlins have done lately.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I would agree that the fish needs some work. As expected, I really loved GMS's Marlin that he and Nitro did, if you want to check out that one for cues to how you might improve yours. Your wordmarks are definitely improving since they have broken your usual mold. This one is different and looks quite good. I like your F on the hats as well. The teal uniforms are nice, though I am not sold on navy blue instead of black; it looks too much like the Mariners.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not the biggest fan of wordmarks with outlines around them on jerseys, so that they just look like a cheap patch cut in half for the buttons. Other than that, I really like the job you did on the letters, just not the outline around them on the jerseys.

Also, are the white pants on the roads intentional? I'm not sure how that would fly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm guessing in doing your fish, you looked mostly off of what they currently have.

When you make a logo, your usually simplifying and stylizing your reference.

If you simplify and stylize a logo that is already in existence (and thus has been simplified and stylized from a photo already), you risk straying to far from the actual reference.

That appears to be your problem here.

The wordmark is nice though.

The uniforms I really like, although, I think they may be more appropriate for the Cards. I don't really wanna see the Cards messed with, but if they ever did move to uniforms along the lines of your concepts, these would be good (obviously in their colors). Why? Because I can see an arch in the piping.

Archived