Tampa bay lightning concept project

Sterling84

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shiznit's looks like a modified Rafeales jersey which isn't bad so im thinking the Rafeales jersey looked good on ice shiznits would too. Shiznit try doing that jersey with GMS's electric blue logo. GMS is logo has more character than nitro's(im not knocking on ur logo nitro) Nitro's logo looks alot like a wave and so that kinda take the characteristics of a Lightning Bolt itself. GMS's logo is Fierce and Easy to see its a Lightning Bolt striking the ground. Also GMS's Logo looks like id be more martketable to the public because the average person could figure out that its a bolt. Im not knocking nitro's logo or STL's either but I think GMS's logo is prolly the best Tampa Concept logo ive seen ever. The Electric blue really stands out and makes it a well designed logo.

I'd be inclined to agree with you. There is something static about mine, and I haven't really messed with it much since I originally did it. I really like GMS' concept! I think it could be pushed even more to give it some extra edge, but that's fantastic work, GMS!

I like that, snowcap. I would replace the dark silver on the black jerseywith honolulu blue.  On the white jersey, I'd replace the light silver with honolulu blue and make the dark silver into light silver.  I think the logo needs some h. blue so it doesn't look like the old kings.  An h. blue or silver backround on the crest on the black jersey might make it show up better.  

Check out my interpretation of shiz's design and you'll see the difference h. blue can make.  Copy and paste.

My modified designs of shiznits

Here's a combination I just threw together...

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/vladdy16/images/Lightning4.jpg

I don't know something doesn't seem to quite fit, I'm not sure I really like it, it also reminds me a lot of the Flyers, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of it, is there any way I can improve it?

Here's the same thing different logo...

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/vladdy16/images/Lightning5.jpg

vladdy, I don't think the two designs work well combined. For one, the trim size is radically different, and the colour ordering as well. Another thing is that the sleeve trim is very pointed and straight, while the collar trim is curved and (more or less) smooth. I like Snowcap's colouring of the hem and cuff trim. I also think electric/royal blue would look nice, plus these days it's not so common anymore, seeing as everyone's going navy.

Keep up the good work everybody.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

BAM!  I did a black version of my interp of Shiznit's design.  So, in the link there is a white version, black version, Shiznit's letter and number font(really cool), a logo that is only there cause I didn't have any other to put in its place, and all the fixin's(manufacturer and league marks).

Enjoy.  Copy and Paste/

Lightning

P.S. to Syphi-- I just started watching the cartoons and shorts at www.homestarrunner.com .  It's hilarious.  I love teen girl squad.  I finally understand your avatars.

I really really like this latest crop of jersey concepts.  Slick colors, minimal design...unique.  Great job.

I am still beating my head against the wall on a logo.  I think its  obviously pretty key.  Who's to say really?  All the concepts we've seen thus far could compete with the Hurricanes IMO.  But yet, to warrant a switch I am seeking for inspiration to deliver me the perfect thing.

This ain't it.....but its a try at the God of Lightning guy we've been discussing.  My research says Janus was the god of lightning...who's Janus??  Isn't that like a mutual fund or something?

http://www.north18.com/images/mascot.gif

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

yeah I'm not proposing we use my logo.  In fact, it ain't even mine.  It's a version I made of a logo that the Lightning registered but never used.  I just now see the GF connection.  It's just a logo I had and put it on the jersey casue I wanted to make it complete.  The main thing to look at in my design is the jersey.

OK, well.  I embelish.  My "research" involved typing "god of lightning" into google.

I dunno.  Anyway, I'm kinda on fumes for Lightning ideas for a few days.  I don't mean to wuss out of my own topic but I need to retreat to the drawing board and work stuff out on paper first.  You guys are all doing excellent.

Sabres, yours is great....I think if we were to say, it's between these (xnumber) of jersey designs and these (x number ) of logos and vote and work up finals  etc...your would be in there for sure.  But, I hesitate to just defer and say "yup, thats it....move on".  I like what you've done. Dont get me wrong.

I'm done playing with old man lightning though.  It was a cool idea, but it's too contradictory.  No way he looks cool and ISN'T what the viewer focuses on....

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived