Hershey and the Avalanche Part ways

Gary

Hamilton, Houston, and Lowell are the current "co-ops" that someone asked about.

Check the AHL standings to see the details

Calgary will be leaving Lowell next season for Peoria.

BTW, this one loved the free Kit-Kats and Hershey bars at the factory. Yum-Yum :D

BUZZ! WRONG!

Calgary will leave Lowell for OMAHA

St.Louis will Leave WORCESTER for Peoria.

Signature intentionally left blank

THEY BETTER NOT!

I love my Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, If we loose them I would have to go up to Dayton for ECHL hockey. The Cincy Ducks are in there second best and soon to be best season ever, give them a chance. :cursing:

I was happy and disappointed when I heard about Portland's new agreement with the Pirates. Happy for the fans of the team, they are very friendly in Portland and very supportive of their two biggest hockey teams (the Pirates and University of Maine Black Bears).

Disappointed, because it's one less option of an AHL team to play in Worcester next season. But it's still too early to know what will happen...didn't the Roadrunners switch in late summer from Toronto to Edmonton? This means there's still time for someone to move to Worcester, if that's even the case for any team for next season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I don't see too many AHL franchises shifting in the next couple of years. I could be wrong, but which AHL market seems legitimately likely to shift to Worcester by next season?

The Moose, once the Jets land in Winnipeg again.

Oh wait, that says "legitimately". Oh well, I stand by it. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I've got the feeling that Worcester is in line for an ECHL or UHL franchise. I don't see too many AHL franchises shifting in the next couple of years. I could be wrong, but which AHL market seems legitimately likely to shift to Worcester by next season?

I have heard that the U will pounce on Worcester and try to get a team by next year

As for teams that could be on the move, hasn't attendance been awful in Cleveland from the get-go? And San Antonio basically had a fire sale of their talent a couple of months ago, so they could be on the way out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As for teams that could be on the move, hasn't attendance been awful in Cleveland from the get-go? And San Antonio basically had a fire sale of their talent a couple of months ago, so they could be on the way out.

there has been rumors of Cleveland going to Quad Cities, to become the Quad City Mallards. So there could be chances of Cleveland moving to Worcester

As for teams that could be on the move, hasn't attendance been awful in Cleveland from the get-go?  And San Antonio basically had a fire sale of their talent a couple of months ago, so they could be on the way out.

there has been rumors of Cleveland going to Quad Cities, to become the Quad City Mallards. So there could be chances of Cleveland moving to Worcester

So which is it Worcester or Quad Cities?

I dont think Quad Cities is ready for AHL material, and Worcester would probably go to the UHL. The ECHL like the AHL is mostly puting or moving teams more in the West than east.

I don't know how well a UHL team would work in Worcester. Aside from the AHL, the nearest team is where, Danbury? Utica? You have a team trying to build a new fan base against unknown rivals that are almost 2 hours away. When the IceCats came to the league, there were 3 other teams within an hour and change's drive: Providence, Springfield and Hartford. Stretch that to almost 3 hours, and you can include Portland and Albany.

I think it will take quite a few years to get much fan interest for an obscure (at least in that part of New England) hockey league a rung or two lower than what was once there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hamilton, Houston, and Lowell are the current "co-ops" that someone asked about.

Check the AHL standings to see the details

Calgary will be leaving Lowell next season for Peoria.

BTW, this one loved the free Kit-Kats and Hershey bars at the factory. Yum-Yum :D

BUZZ! WRONG!

Calgary will leave Lowell for OMAHA

St.Louis will Leave WORCESTER for Peoria.

That's what I meant, was distracted when typing.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Firesale is the wring word to use there.

Those players are on LOAN to AHL playoff teams. They are still property of the Florida Panthers.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The Moose, once the Jets land in Winnipeg again.

Oh wait, that says "legitimately". Oh well, I stand by it. :)

NO way... would love it if the Moose would become the Jet's farm team eh.. that would save on expenses and etc... look at Philly Flyers with the AHL Phantoms and Edmonton Oilers with the Road Runners and soon, Toronto Maple Leafs with the Marlies... so.. we'll wait and see what happen eh? ^_^

Archived