Arizona Cardinals Concept

PhilaLogos

I tried to re-create what PANTONE said he knew about the Cardinals uniforms:

White helmets, Gray facemasks, with new logo.

Uniforms, however, have been described by the team as "revolutionary"...they said that they won't make anyone forget the Bengals, but they're going to be VERY different.

No Arizona state flag - so no more Dark Blue.

Rumors have it that the uniforms will use numbers in the same style typeface as the new wordmark (see my sig), and the uniforms themselves will utilize FOUR colors - Cardinal Red, White, Black and Yellow. Yellow is said to be incorporated into the unis somewhat like the way the Seahawks use the Bright Green, and the Buccaneers use Orange. There will also be a nameplate under the collar.

Supposedly, there will be a Black alternate.

I was too lazy to add numbers on the shoulders and logos on the sleeves but here's what I have:

Cardinals-Final.jpg

C&C

Howard1.jpg

i think that is pretty close . the only thing i think you missed based on the rumors is there was supposed to be piping running up the sides of the jerseys and something of a different color panel on the sides almost like the broncos. but i think you got the closest to the real thing so far. great job

Those look alright but I would be very dissapointed. I thought they were supposed to be mind blowing. I was ecpecting some cool copper red and yellow combo.

Oh well.

Now we're getting sad when someone's concept of a written description of a jersey nobody has seen is disappointing. Yeesh.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

i think the revolutionary part is the cards actually making subtle changes.

as for the design, this is what i expect the cards to use or something close. least it will be a simple modernation.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

This is a nice looking set. I'd really like to see the Cards go this way, but I agree with some of the other posts in the fact that they are probably going to be much more modern looking. At least the hype points that way.

I, for one, am a fan of these kinds of classic looking uniforms. I don't care much for Broncos side stripes and the whatever it is the Bengals are doing, but I bet the Cards end up doing something goofy.

Those look alright but I would be very dissapointed. I thought they were supposed to be mind blowing. I was ecpecting some cool copper red and yellow combo.

Oh well.

Now we're getting sad when someone's concept of a written description of a jersey nobody has seen is disappointing. Yeesh.

Excuse me for showing dissapointment in the concept. Yeesh.

buffalo_sig.png

Oh well.

you can show dissapointment in a persons concept, but there is a right way to do it. that way is to give constructive criticism. what would you do differently? what did you like? what didnt you like? etc....

Oh well.

you can show dissapointment in a persons concept, but there is a right way to do it. that way is to give constructive criticism. what would you do differently? what did you like? what didnt you like? etc....

As I said earlier I was hoping for copper. Black doesn't need to be in every single uniform, especially when a team already has navy in their color palette.

I think it's appropriate to show dissapointment in a uniform that was said to be "revolutionary."

buffalo_sig.png

Actually, word has it that the cut will be more Broncos-like anyway...not exactly the "bat-wing", but something like that.

I think that there will be more to the final design than what is shown here. I'm also thinking less Yellow, maybe more Black.

And I've said it before, but the Cardinals are one of the few teams that can and should utilize Black more.

I'm not exactly sure what BullsandBearcats is referring to, but the Cardinals don't have Navy Blue as a color in their color palette...they had a Dark Blue in both the AZ State Flag logo, and in the striping on the White jersey, but all of those flag colors are gone now.

Here are the colors for 2005 (this is official):

ArizonaCardinals_FC_2005.jpg

...and, here's what they USED to be (for comparison):

ArizonaCardinals_FC_2004.jpg

And I've said it before, but the Cardinals are one of the few teams that can and should utilize Black more.

As well all know, here on the board, lots of unique and interesting ideas and options (as well as heated arguments!) have surfaced over the past several months regarding the Card's upcoming makeover and my jury's been out the entire time.

However, my jury has just ajourned and to my own surprise, I believe, this is the first time I've not at least mostly agreed with one of Pantone's opinions! :P

Seriously, though, I just don't think that the Cards need black. There's enough of it in the league and lots of other colors (nay, millions) that can help enhance a fresh, unique palette.

That being said, I really appreciate what you've done in assembling this concept from nothing but hushed whispers and speculation! :P Very clean and strong looking while reflecting a general idea of "Arizona".

As I am sure everyone is, I am chomping at the bit to see what they have come up with!

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

Archived