Baseball America's "LogoMania"

The current issue of Baseball America (Felix Hernandez on cover) has, for a few pages, a "LogoMania" feature. I've scanned the pages for your viewing pleasure!

How Go The New Logos?

LogoMania Winner's Bracket (the best minor league logos)

LogoMania Loser's Bracket (the worst minor league logos)

Evolution of a Logo (Modesto Nuts from concept to final)

breesgates7kl.giflt8su.gif

Thanks to OB33 for the Tecmo Bowl sig

The "Loser's Bracket" was hilarious and had me LOL:

Montgomery Biscuits: It's back into the oven for you, Mr. Biscuit.

Daytona Cubs: Turn your cap around and take off those shades, punk.

FUNNY!!

I also thought it was neat that the Arkansas Traveler's logo, which we dissected a few months back, was listed. Along with the Fresno Grizzlies logo ("Welcome to the Fresno Golf and Country Club", indeed), which is so Arts and Crafts movement- inspired it could be sold at Disneyland's Grand Californian Lodge or Disneyworld's Wilderness Lodge.

It is what it is.

Am I seeing things, or is there a logo in the loser's bracket from the folks who brought us the Clearwater Threshers design?

2 logos in the losers bracket from those guys... fresno grizzlies and w. virginia power.

The "Loser's Bracket" was hilarious and had me LOL:

Montgomery Biscuits: It's back into the oven for you, Mr. Biscuit.

Daytona Cubs: Turn your cap around and take off those shades, punk.

FUNNY!!

:lol: I was laughing hard at the Biscuits comment. The Fresno one gave me a good chuckle. I actually don't think the West Virginia Power is that bad. Their mascots are quite interesting.

I saw, I came, I left.

on the D-Cubs, i second that. on the one hand, it isn't as lazy as the I-Cubs' effort (if you can call slapping "Iowa" over the Cubs logo effort) but on the other hand it's just blah.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Logo/Cap Winners: Of the teams BA seeded, I'd have the Corpus Christi Hooks, Durham Bulls, Idaho Falls Chukars and Columbus Catfish in my "Final Four". From there it is a tough call to select teams for the finals, but I'd probably give the title to Idaho Falls over Corpus Christi.

Logo/Cap Losers: Of BA's seeds, my "Final Four" would consist of the Ottawa Lynx, Bakersfield Blaze, Trenton Thunder and Erie SeaWolves, with Ottawa besting Trenton for the title... by a hair.

I agree with Mockba, but his reasoning was solid. That logo as goofy as it is has been a part of toledo for decades, and it was one of the most popular minor league caps for years.

I really don't like their logo though.

I'm sorry, I don't see what people like in the West virgina power hats. I know alot of you like them, but it just doesn't look professional or inovative to me. Am I missing something?

On a somewhat related note, I just got mentioned on air during the Biscuits radio broadcast when I sent them a message telling them I was listening online. :woot:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first online listener...... :D

The Lansing Lugnuts got screwed over!

By a bolt perhaps? ;)

I saw, I came, I left.

Why do people dislike the Biscuits so much? I think it's cool. Almost as cool as the Lugnuts.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think they're fun, cartoonish logos appropriate for a minor league setting. I've always been a fan of the Biscuits and Lugnuts identities.

Archived