University of Pittsburgh's New Uniforms

Law00

Some shots of the helmet and jerseys are available:

3534.jpg

3538.jpg

They did a nice job of cleaning up the font without making it terribly distant from the rock panther + PITTSBURGH wordmark that looks like it will still stay around. (The press release linked below has both marks on the page for comparison.) I do like the addition of the gold side-panels.

There will likely be some action shots available later this week, as a big meet-the-coach event is planned for tonight and the annual spring scrimmage is Saturday.

Pitt press release

SERENITY NOW!!!!!

...And you want to be my latex salesman

Those unis are nice. I thnought that the panther on the helmet was just not very "collegiate". I think I'd like the old "Pitt" better, but these are solid.

Getting rid of the Pirates' font is a plus.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Nothing earth-shatteringly creative about the new wordmark and uniforms, but much cleaner than the previous version. I think they're bring out the black a little more for shadowing. I'm pretty sure there was always black in the "claw/diamond" logo, so it's not just added in the new version. If you go to the shopping page and click on the hat, when it's enlarged you can clearly make out the black drop shadow behind the script, it's darker than the navy on the cap.

Any word about the Panther? I couldn't see anything with the mascot, just the "Pitt" logo.

And I agree with Mockba, the helmet mark looks different from the helmet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Any word about the Panther? I couldn't see anything with the mascot, just the "Pitt" logo.

The panther logo will be on the pants it looks like. Unless you're asking about something else...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived