Washington Wizards Concept

AAO

In my mind, there's nothing overtly "wizardy" about the guy's head. It's well rendered, but without a hat or a crystal ball or something mystical, he just looks like an unkempt dude to me.

This is awesome, but I feel like he needs a hat or a lightning scar or something else to make it clear that he is a wizard and not just an unkempt old dude.

Edit: I am proud to have said pretty much the same thing as Avenger. Too bad I said it about 15 seconds too late. I will leave my original post as it was, simply because of how freakishly similar it is to what Avenger posted. I swear to God I also chose the word "unkempt" (without having seen his post). Maybe our brains were linked while we were typing our posts.

Nicely done, but that may give children nightmares. I'm not sure what you can do with "Wizards", but I'm not sure this is it. It's good as a design, just maybe not as a nba logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Leave it as is, and you could go with the Washington Hobos.

Instead of a long, tapered hat, how about trying to combine a basketball and crystal ball? Your talent should be able to accomplish this; I have to make do on MS Paint (for now).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like it a lot, however I feel there should be more interaction between the head and the wordmark on the primary. Maybe the head could be larger and overlap the text?

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

The direction you've gone with your wordmarks lately; I don't think is working. If you want to do a two tone wordmark I think it'll work better as 2 colors that are closer in tint/shade/whatever to each other.

It looks very mid 90's to me, something nobody wants to remember. The birth of the "eclipse" logo (meaning everyone and their brother started having logos with an oval/eclipse around them), the teal takeover, and Starter.

The dude is well rendered, but like others have said, needs more wizard. Plus, his eyes are way to high on his head. The head should be split in half, the eyes go there. Then split the bottom in half, nose. Then that bottom in half, mouth.

Like so: (not my drawing)

headproportion1.jpg

Seeing this thread, I was hoping to see a basketball/crystal ball thing, and then I saw someone mentioned it. Good thinking VitaminD.

Archived