Wizards "retro-ish" Concept

ltravisjr

Well, with the Wizards discussion lately, I just had an odd idea for a uni concept and had to play around with it. I wanted to see how the Wizards would look with their same wordmark and colors (minus the black though), but using the old Bullets uniform style. I can't say I can envision them wearing these (and can't say I would even want them to), but I though this would be an interesting experiment. For what its worth:

wizards.jpg

I like it. I like it a lot. It's fresh. I am curious, though, to see what the back of the jersey would look like. Getting a nameplate that is distinguishable over those stripes may be a bit tricky, I'm thinkin'.

the backs of the jerseys these are based on were near solid white/blue, so that shouldnt' be a problem.

me likey... :notworthy:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

you know out of all of the retros from the NBA, I really like the Washington Bullets one. I mean the use of the stripes just like our flag with Washington being our capital. Why not? i think he is on to something here though you might want to add a darker color other then their teal. I think some of the others here are put off from the glitter.

I like the idea of taking the Wizs and making some retro look.

you know out of all of the retros from the NBA, I really like the Washington Bullets one. I mean the use of the stripes just like our flag with Washington being our capital. Why not? i think he is on to something here though you might want to add a darker color other then their teal. I think some of the others here are put off from the glitter.

I like the idea of taking the Wizs and making some retro look.

I appreciate the comments. Yeah, I agree the colors are a little washed out with the teal/beige but I just used them because I wanted to retain the colors and wordmark of the Wizards and try to merge it into the old Bullets design, which I also really liked. It is just pure fantasy on my part - I won't claim this design to be terribly practical. Teams don't change identities often, so I had to take advantage of the opportunity. :)

LT

i like it, the stripes are a throw back to the old design, but also look kinda like a waving American flag to go along with the DC identity. I'm a fan, but maybe add more black like they have now? (I know, I know, black is taboo on here)

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

I like that, a lot.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Merging the two era's together was a wonderful idea and you pulled it off well. I agree I can't see something like this as a primary, but it would make a perfect alt. There needs to be more alt's that aren't just re-colors.

I think that the number maybe shouldn't be centered on the front? I do like how it cuts into that bottom stripe, however the curve of the stripes leaves an area for an offset number and it looks empty with the number in the center. Did that make any sense?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Merging the two era's together was a wonderful idea and you pulled it off well. I agree I can't see something like this as a primary, but it would make a perfect alt. There needs to be more alt's that aren't just re-colors.

I think that the number maybe shouldn't be centered on the front? I do like how it cuts into that bottom stripe, however the curve of the stripes leaves an area for an offset number and it looks empty with the number in the center. Did that make any sense?

That makes perfect sense - I will see what I can do. The challenge with this experiment is preserving as much of the design of the Bullets version but add the "feel" of the Wizards current design. The Bullets had the number centered, but adding the waviness to the stripes for the Wizards might also necessitate moving the number.

I might also add a little black trim as suggested by others. It will be risky IMO because although it is part of the Wizards current design, it is a third color and the Bullets unis had only two.

LT

wow...just wow...in a good way...love the concept...and like I always say, the greatest compliment I can pay to a concept is that if these actually existed in real life, I'd buy one. so...

I'd buy one!

Archived