Philadelphia 76ers concept

Starchild

Since I'm frustrated with the Rockets concept, I decided to give myself a break from Houston and go back and revamp two old concept I did when I first joined the board last year: the 76ers and Celtics. Here's the ol' Sixers back in Red, White n' Blue.

76ersFinalConcept_Small.jpg

-Colors back to the real 76ers colors

-My original concept had a different primary logo, but I decided (a) it sucked (B) looked like a barber-pole and a schlong combined © it really sucked, hard. So, since I really llike the current 76ers logo but hate the colors, I went the Jazz/Nuggets route and recolored the logo and rennovated the jerseys. I'm rather pleased with the outcome.

-Jersey design is a bit of a tweak from my original concept. Used the current wordmark though I deleted the ball from it. The side panels is current yet somewhat retro, and I worked in little hints of the jerseys from Allen Iverson's rookie year (the style I miss most from Philly).

The floor is open.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Mercy, that light blue looks great on the logo! I love this concept. I think you could get away without the stars down the sides of the unis, but I can certainly live with them too. I don't use this smiley icon often, but in this case I will: :notworthy:

LT

Probably the best Sixers concept I've seen on the board yet. I'm not sure about the light blue in the script, but it's better than any of the other recolors I've seen.

I really like the numbers, kind of a late 60s homage. The side stripes are good too, as is how you added the 13 stars to the ball. That template really works well for this concept too.

One thing, though:

When the sixers first debuted this style in 97 (or 98), the script was gold with an outline around it, making it look like a patch. When they changed it to black, the letters looked a little looser, like they were written on and not just slapped on a patch. I prefer that look to the solid look, which you used here (albeit very well.)

Overall, and excellent job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

im loving it, although that light blue is iffy with me too

other than that...its some puurty good stuff

im not a fan of the current sixers look

they gotta get back to the red/white/ and blue look, like you got

i especially hate their unis, not really the designs but more of how large their sleeve things are

I dig this, this is nice work. I do wonder if that particular light blue gives enough contrast to the wordmark, though.

If the stars down the sides looked like the stars did on the old Magic jersey, that'd be super-schweet. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

:notworthy:

That's a helluva good job. Modern, yet an homage to the past. And NO BLACK, NO GOLD. I like the stars - it may be a little gaudy, but a team named for the year of the American Revolution that plays in the city where our independence was declared should get a special dispensation to be a little bit gaudy with the stars.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Pretty sweet concept. I really think the Sixers should go with red, white, blue and silver. I think it's sweet you chose red as the aways since thats the color they used during the Barkley era. :)

6uXNWAo.png

Man, I can say without reservation, that this is the best NBA concept I've seen on this board. I did a Sixers concept awhile back and this blows it out of the water. Excellent use of the different shades of blue as well. I also love the use of the stars surrounding the ball in the main logo, and draped down the sides of the uni's. Great work.

If the stars down the sides looked like the stars did on the old Magic jersey, that'd be super-schweet. :D

Actually, when I first started to revamp this concept, my initial idea was to make the sides with the star pattern from the Magic unis - I just didn't know how to go about doing it.

What I think I'm going to do though, is make an alternate jersey concept in blue using the pattern and see what develops.

Thanx for the comments thus far!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

wow that looks amazing. definitely fits in with the 76ers theme that they should have. i especially like the stars in the ball on the logo along with the stripes. outstanding job

WOW, WOW, oh...and THAT IS FREAKIN' BADASS! I tried to come up with a Sixers idea once, but I couldn't make it work. NOW THAT MY FRIEND...THAT WORKS!!!

P.S. - I'll give you extra props if you could come up with a Milwaukee Bucks jersey that uses Green as the primary as opposed to purple...or if you could take my idea shown here (Bucks Idea) and tweak it so it's crisper and better! Then in a way we could be collaborating on something.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

very cool, nice job on my sixers. Id go with a more old school font like a normal block tho.

Believe it or not, that is an old-school font!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is outstanding. More evidence that you don't need to add black to modernize. These are tremendous.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived