Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
like the script, but they should have stayed sleeveless. piping on the collar wouldnt be a bad idea either

I agree. I don't know why teams do the sleeve piping without the putting it around the buttons. Put the piping around the buttons, and this is one of the best jerseys in baseball.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I was listening to a sports talk show this morning in Kansas City and the host mentioned that the Royals will be dropping all the black from their color scheme for next year. Has anyone else heard this?

I dont know but all I know is that that is a good sign... those were some ugly uniforms. Its not to early to start the BRING BACK THE POWDER BLUES!!!

Maybe its just me (and it probably is just me) but blue isn't supposed to work with black with clothing. As my girlfriend said to me many times when I tried to wear a blue shirt with black pants and shoes..."IT DOESN'T WORK, ITS A FASHION DON'T, GO PUT ON ANOTHER SHIRT!!!"

I'm just not feeling the blue and black thing. The Royals, Mets, Knicks, and any other team I left out. It just doesn't work.

Maybe its just me (and it probably is just me) but blue isn't supposed to work with black with clothing. As my girlfriend said to me many times when I tried to wear a blue shirt with black pants and shoes..."IT DOESN'T WORK, ITS A FASHION DON'T, GO PUT ON ANOTHER SHIRT!!!"

I'm just not feeling the blue and black thing. The Royals, Mets, Knicks, and any other team I left out. It just doesn't work.

It's one of those "rules" that's more in the way of a really good suggestion. Black and blue can look good together without clashing horribly, but it's the exception. For the most part, boyfriends, men in general, and sports teams are much better off not even trying. But there will always be exceptions, such as black shoes with a blue suit, or the St. Paul Saints of the independent Northern League American Association.

Blue suit, black shoes:

20030620-3_d062003-1-515h.jpg

St. Paul Saints:

229.gif.300.gif

20082614447.png

It's one of those "rules" that's more in the way of a really good suggestion. Black and blue can look good together without clashing horribly, but it's the exception. For the most part, boyfriends, men in general, and sports teams are much better off not even trying. But there will always be exceptions, such as black shoes with a blue suit, or the St. Paul Saints of the independent Northern League American Association.

Blue suit, black shoes:

>[img]

Actually, with a blue suit, I'd go with either dark brown or cordovan shoes. Probably cordovan would be more dressy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually, with a blue suit, I'd go with either dark brown or cordovan shoes. Probably cordovan would be more dressy.

... And before about ten years ago, the fashion police would have sent you to the sartorial big house if they caught you doing it. "Never wear brown shoes with a blue suit" used to be right up there with "No white jackets after Labor Day" and "Don't mix plaids and stripes" among the cardinal rules of men's haberdashery.

20082614447.png

... And before about ten years ago, the fashion police would have sent you to the sartorial big house if they caught you doing it. "Never wear brown shoes with a blue suit" used to be right up there with "No white jackets after Labor Day" and "Don't mix plaids and stripes" among the cardinal rules of men's haberdashery.

Which is why the fashion wuss in me wears black shoes with all of my suits. The brown/cordovan shoes only get broken out with slacks/khakis and blazers/sportcoats. I've seen the blue and brown/cordovan combo work, but I don't have the stones to try it/pull it off. I also don't have the stones to wear seersucker even though I'm just below the Mason-Dixon Line (in a state that didn't secede, mind you), but that is an issue for another day.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wow, did I call this one, or what. This is a concept from Jully 10th.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=22819&hl=

Well done, but, as one of my cousins likes to say, "Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back." :P Leave the praise to the rest of us. :D

EDIT: Wait a minute! You have the piping reversed. Your concept has piping around the collar and placket (?) but not on the sleeves, whereas the real thing is the other way around. I take back my praise. :P

BTW, your concept is excellent anyway.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

He's at Union Station here in KC and I have no idea what he is doing.

He's selling ice cream to the kids to help pay for a middle reliever. That's going to look pretty sweet in black...to bad all Royals game used jerseys get sucked into a black hole somewhere in the plains, and never see the light of day! I've been trying to get one of the old blacks for years now!

Archived