IndyCar drivers prove they are sexist pigs

Plaid Paint

What a bunch of sick mysoginists.

It's quite hilarious that they're macho bullplop world had gotten along just fine with drivers of varying weights, no big deal. But when a woman ends up starting in 4th place, well, then obviously she's cheating somehow.

Does Robbie Gordon also think drivers with better peripheral vision or faster reflexes also have an unfair advantage.

Another bunch of AssHats who need a thrashing about the face and butccoks with a frozen haddock.

And complaining because her weight (which averages 50 or so pounds less than the other drivers) which added to her car, is less than the other drivers, is misogynistic how?

They weren't complaining because she has a vagina. They're complaining because she's tiny. Put a jockey in the cockpit and you'd have the same situation.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And complaining because her weight (which averages 50 or so pounds less than the other drivers) which added to her car, is less than the other drivers, is misogynistic how?

They weren't complaining because she has a vagina. They're complaining because she's tiny. Put a jockey in the cockpit and you'd have the same situation.

Oh please. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There have been lighter drivers before this but they were all men, so the whole macho bullshhit ethos was in full sway.

This is sexism and mysoginy, pure and simple.

Oh please. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There have been lighter drivers before this but they were all men, so the whole macho bullshhit ethos was in full sway.

This is sexism and mysoginy, pure and simple.

so you're saying women shouldn't be barefoot and in the kitchen?

***ducks and waits for the feminist onslaught***

That's just stupid. Maybe car owners will realize that a lighter driver is better and start putting lighter drivers in the cars.

It'd be like if I liked riding horses, and I started complaining about jockeys taking up all the jobs. Stupid.

suck it up and give her some props.

Well, I think the point is valid. In a sport in which teams spend millions of dollars trying to bend the rules and make their cars a little lighter and quicker, 50 lbs. is huge. I did pull for her to win though and she should be extremely proud of herself.

IUe6Hvh.png

Men don't like losing to women. Especially the pseudo macho drivers in IndyCar. Let alone get shown up by a woman on their biggest stage.

It's not as bad as the men losing to Michelle Wie - a 15-year old girl on the PGA Tour - because everyone is just looking at her like a sideshow. But she's not. She's the real deal.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Robby Gordon isn't even in the INDY series any longer.

Let's not jump on INDY car drivers because of some stupid comments from an underfunded, can't get it done NASCAR driver.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

It's not as bad as the men losing to Michelle Wie - a 15-year old girl on the PGA Tour - because everyone is just looking at her like a sideshow. But she's not. She's the real deal.

She may eventually be the real deal, but unless she wins something on the LPGA Tour, I won't say that she's for real now, especially if she does not win an LPGA Tour event by 18-19 like Paula Creamer.

I saw, I came, I left.

Weight can have a big impact on speed and how a car handles. NASCAR does have a system to make all the cars weigh the same to counter the advantage a guy like John Andretti had over someone like Jimmy Spencer or Michael Waltrip.

Although if it really made that big of a deal to Robby he would have said something a lot sooner and not waited until the day before the race. That being said, not every IndyCar driver is a sexist pig (Just Robby and probably Al Unser Jr.). In fact, Sarah Fisher won the most popular driver award every year she raced in the series.

P.S. If anyone can find a pic of the Al Unser Jr. wifebeater bobblehead that would be awesome.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Where does her gender come into this at all -- he said it's because she weighs like 70 lbs less than anybody else in the circuit.

He's right, she does have an advatange because of her weight, but that's all part of the game. If you stuck 200 lb jockeys on horses they wouldn't win either.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

honestly, i think they are just mad cause they know they cant tap that ass..............

You're talking about the back of her car, right? Tapping the back of her car would have forced her out of the race. ;)

I saw, I came, I left.

Where does her gender come into this at all -- he said it's because she weighs like 70 lbs less than anybody else in the circuit.

He's right, she does have an advatange because of her weight, but that's all part of the game. If you stuck 200 lb jockeys on horses they wouldn't win either.

Check out the IRL site, most of the drivers weight between 135 and 150. Only 3 or 4 weight 155+. So the average regular IRL driver has the same advantage over Gordon that she has over a regular IRL driver, 30 to 35 pounds. For the most part the drivers are just jockey who didn't want to have to cut weight on race day, so they went to cars.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

For the most part the drivers are just jockey who didn't want to have to cut weight on race day, so they went to cars.

Maybe they also realise that it's better to ride with 600 horses than with just 1. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

if it really is that big of an advantage, than why isn't every driver killing themselves to lose weight, or why aren't all the teams hiring smaller women to drive their cars. Based on that I don't think it is even a big deal, and based on what I saw yesterday I think it is her driving ability and not her weight that makes her so good. Although I will admit I spent all of the race making women driver jokes, and when she almost crashed I used this classsic line "female drivers, no survivors."

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

If Indy want to level the playing field, they should start with the cars themselves. Its no secret that those in the back of the pack are driving cars that are no where near the level of those at the front of the pack.

But of course then, I guess they become different shaped stockcars.

Archived