Always with the stirrups...

OB33

I never saw the point of the long, thin stirrup. If you're going to have is just a stripe, you may as well just wear your pants down to your cleats.

I'd much rather see a solid sock (with pants at least to mid-calf) or the stirrups like the Reds or the 70's: hardly any white shows.

And bring back the patterned stripes. I miss the Red Sox socks with the blue and white stripes.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I never saw the point of the long, thin stirrup. If you're going to have is just a stripe, you may as well just wear your pants down to your cleats.

I'd much rather see a solid sock (with pants at least to mid-calf) or the stirrups like the Reds or the 70's: hardly any white shows.

And bring back the patterned stripes. I miss the Red Sox socks with the blue and white stripes.

They are also rather annoying to wear.

I saw, I came, I left.

I hate stirrups. I hate they way they look and feel. I prefer a solid color sock. Since I skimmed the article, for MLB is it the players choice of what to wear? I think the team should be the same, but allowing high pants, regular, (or the dreaded) pants that are 12 inches too long gives it a nice look of individuality. I, myself, prefer the pants just below the knee and have the solid color socks aid in the uniform. I can't wait for that NFL sock article. I've got a ton of opinions just ready to go.

KISSwall09.jpg

I've always like the long-pants look, even when I played Little League, 10-15 years ago, when the high-stirrup was still "cool". I hated having to pull my pant legs up to show stirrups, it was annoying to me. I thought I looked like an idiot...So, I got picked on for being the only kid on the team who didn't wanna sport the stirrups. Long pants look was my look back in 1991.

So I took the abuse...little did they know I was waaaay ahead of my time :D

Thank you Papi and Manny.

I like stirrups, but I actually prefer the solid sock (or a Mark Prior style stirrup). The color is very pleasing, and it's a very classic look. In particular, I've been loving Jeromy Burnitz in right field at home for the Cubs when they're wearing full pinstripes:

burnitz2.jpg

burnitz1.jpg

I love the sturup ideas, it makes baseball, baseball.

But the thing that really got to me was that my worst concept is on that page as a link. Page down untill you get to Mike Nolan's suit thing, and click on "Reebok-designed suit" and it will take you to my "Nolan Suit Concept." I posted it here in early May. Click Here!

Ahh, I'm loved!

I like stirrups, but I actually prefer the solid sock (or a Mark Prior style stirrup). The color is very pleasing, and it's a very classic look. In particular, I've been loving Jeromy Burnitz in right field at home for the Cubs when they're wearing full pinstripes

I don't mind Burnitz' look, but prefer Prior's.

As for the long pant, I agree with Uni Watch, it has to go. The High School team's coach I covered this year told me he was going to charge every player who wore their pants bottom over the back of their shoes, and cut a hole in them for the back spike for the cost of sending them to a seamstress. Sounds reasonable to me. Hopefully, this will discurrage them next year (although, I'm sure it will amount to just a few bucks, and won't be much of a deterrant).

Moose

I have never worn anything but my pants at the knees. I also always got the biggest pair of pants (typically a XXXL when I only needed XL) so it was nice and baggy. I'd love to see some major leaguers wear that.

I wore solid socks only because our colors were maroon and I couldn't find any low stirups in maroon. I really wanted to find some Cardinal style maroon socks, but never could aquire them.

Personally, I love the stripes (red sox or cardinals, although I prefer the Cardinals ones a bit more). That was the biggest bummer about ankiel not coming back this season. I think Eckstein would fit well in the high socks look. Oh well.

I like stirrups, but I actually prefer the solid sock (or a Mark Prior style stirrup). The color is very pleasing, and it's a very classic look. In particular, I've been loving Jeromy Burnitz in right field at home for the Cubs when they're wearing full pinstripes:

burnitz2.jpg

That's beautiful. It's just so balanced, especially with the long sleeves.

Stirrups are an interesting topic. When I first started playing baseball, the single stripe stirrup was the popular way to go. Today I prefer the low stirrup rather than the singular colored sock. I really dislike the no stirrup, long-pants look..

The more I think about it, if the strirrup will not come back, I'd like to see the solid colored sock. I like the Burnitz look a lot. Just outlaw the long pants. If you grew up wearing stirrups and watching baseball before the 90s, seeing the long pants looks odd and seems sloppy. Stirrups were a little hard to wear, but you knew you were in a baseball uniform when you wore them. How about some NFL-style uniform regs? That would be a bit too far, I suppose.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived