My 2 cents on MLB Uniforms

A.L. East

Orioles-classic home and road. need a drop shadow or 3rd white outline on the black alt.

Red Sox-switch the number and letter colors on the red alt and we have a winner.

Yankees-classic, cant touch those unis, except bringing a navy blue alt on the road

Devil Rays-They finally got it right

Blue Jays-be the Blue Jays damnit!

A.L. Central

White Sox-If they keep these unis it will be on the level of the Yanks very soon

Indians-get rid of chief wahoo

Tigers-please dont touch these! maybe add a navy blue alt

Royals-keep them as is (including the black alts)

Twins-good set

A.L. West

Angels-switch the caps to navy with a red bill

A's-please dont touch these

Mariners-change the numbers on the blue alt to full time

Rangers-No gripes!

N.L. East

Braves-Red jerseys=bad karma

Marlins-get a teal alt

Mets-keep as is

Phillies-get a red alt

Nationals-keep these, they scream washington

N.L. Central

Cubs-as much as i hate the cubbies, the truth is this-put the names back on the homes

Reds-keep them as is

Astros-keep them as is

Brewers-keep them as is

Pirates-turn the yellow to a darker gold

Cardinals-same as Phillies

N.L. West

D'Backs-use a tad bit more teal

Rockies-keep them as is

Dodgers-Put the names back-looks too damn weird

Padres-classic dont touch them

Giants-add a black alt

C&C

A.L. East

Orioles-I like the Orioles uniforms. Get rid of the "Spaghetti O's" alternate hat.

Red Sox- I don't like the red alt, otherwise they are fine.

Yankees- Like both home and road. Excellent.

Devil Rays- I like the use of green, but these need work.

A.L. Central

White Sox-I like the home, road greys and black alts. All very nice.

Indians- I like Chief Wahoo. I'd like some tweaking to be done with all versions of their uniforms.

Tigers-I love the Tigers home. Road is good too, but I'd like to see a very, old throwback version of the roads that look just like the home uniform but grey.

Royals- No black.

Twins- The "TC" cap logo rocks. Unis are fine.

A.L. West

Angels- Red on red caps don't work. Get a white "A" outlined in blue.

A's- I like the A's uniforms. Liked 'em better years ago when the green was lighter too.

Mariners- Do they darken the blue every year? Go back to the lighter blue and yellow.

Rangers-I like the Ranger's uniforms.

N.L. East

Braves- No changes needed other than get rid of the red alt.

Marlins- Bring back the teal w/black bill hat

Mets-Blue and Orange again...no more black.

Phillies-I like the Phillies look. Always have. Don't bring back the moroon of the 70s.

Nationals- I think these may be an instant classic. Well done.

N.L. Central

Cubs-Like the home. Road should be grey only. Get rid of the blue softball jersey alt. Don't like the cub walking logo.

Reds- Lose the black everywhere. They are the REDS.

Astros-Use the brick color more. Logo is good.

Brewers- A complete redesign is needed. Good colors, bad logo/uniforms.

Pirates- Like the Pirates uniforms.

Cardinals- Classic, don't touch these.

N.L. West

D'Backs-hate the homes, love the roads. Get rid of the purple cap.

Rockies-the alts and sleeveless are AWFUL. Say with white w/pinstripes at home and road greys. Get more purple in the cap.

Dodgers- classic.

Padres - This team has NEVER had a good look. Keep trying.

Giants- Add orange to the brim of the cap and call it the home cap (circa 70s)

A.L. East

Orioles-classic home and road. need a drop shadow or 3rd white outline on the black alt.

Red Sox-switch the number and letter colors on the red alt and we have a winner.

Yankees-classic, cant touch those unis, except bringing a navy blue alt on the road

A.L. Central

White Sox-If they keep these unis it will be on the level of the Yanks very soon

Indians-get rid of chief wahoo

Tigers-please dont touch these! maybe add a navy blue alt

Twins-good set

A.L. West

Angels-switch the caps to navy with a red bill

A's-please dont touch these

Mariners-change the numbers on the blue alt to full time

Rangers-No gripes!

N.L. East

Braves-Red jerseys=bad karma

Marlins-get a teal alt

Mets-keep as is

Phillies-get a red alt

N.L. Central

Cubs-as much as i hate the cubbies, the truth is this-put the names back on the homes

Reds-keep them as is

Astros-keep them as is

Brewers-keep them as is

N.L. West

D'Backs-use a tad bit more teal

Rockies-keep them as is

Dodgers-Put the names back-looks too damn weird

Padres-classic dont touch them

Giants-add a black alt

C&C

u forgot the blue jays

A.L. East

blue jays- go back to ws era unis. they would be untouchable by now if they hadn't messed with them.

orioles- put "BALTIMORE" on the roads and tone down the detail in the logo.

red sox- perfect as is.

yankees- perfect as is.

devil rays- make the grey vest alt. the primary road.

A.L. Central

white sox- will be on the level of the yankees, red sox, cubs, etc.. in 50 years

indians- fine as is.

tigers- home is fine. on the road replace the current script with "DETROIT" spelled using the same font as the "D". also, ditch the hats with the orange "D".

royals- ditch the black alt. on all remaining jerseys replace the balck with gold.

twins- perfect as is. would like to see a red bp jeresy though.

A.L. West

angels- go back to "Anihiem Angels". they won a ws under that name. also, put "ANIHIEM" back on the roads.

a's- perfect as is.

mariners- home and road are perfect. bring back the teal alt.

rangers- they need a complete overhall.

N.L. East

braves- perfect as is. the red alt. is one of the best alts in baseball today

marlins- go back to the uni combos from thier first ws win (1997).

mets- limit it down to two hats: the blue one with the orange "NY" for home and away, and a black one for the alt. limit to three jerseys: for home wear the solid white jeresys. keep thier current roads as is. have one alt. only: the black one that has "NEW YORK" arcoss the front. also, use the blue and orange logo on all jerseys.

phillies- use the same style of pinstripes that the yanks use so they look like red pinstripes on a white jersey. now they just look pink. road is fine.

nationals- would be perfect if they used "DC" on thier caps instead of the "W" that dosn't fit. also, lose the "EST. 1901" patch on the home sleave. they were established in 1969.

N.L. Central

cubs- perefct as is. just put the names back on all the alts.

reds- reduce the black to drop shadows only.

astros- go back to the navy and gold unis and logos from the late 90's.

brewers- just put "MILWAUKEE" on the roads and they will be perfect.

pirates- perfect as is.

cardinals- perfect as is.

N.L. West

d'backs- keep the same desighn, but use the colours brick, black and sand (astros current scheme).

rockies- ditch the black vests. replace with a purple alt.

dodgers- put the names back on the roads, and move the #'s on the homes up.

padres- replace all navy with brown and make the swinning fryer the primary logo.

giants- perfect as is. wouldnt mind seeing the logo ICS has in his aviator as the bp logo though.

A.L. East

Doesn't Toronto still have a baseball team? :flagcanada:

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

No the Pens did that and it looks lame. Also it doesn't match the three team colors any more. The Bucs need to get rid of red and the recycled black alt. They need a black alt with their current font and yellow letters/white outline. I think they could pull a yellow jersey/black letters/white outline with maybe black sleeves too. Yellow hat/black brim. They also need to put a yellow do rag on the Pirate head.

That's just my opinion though.

KISSwall09.jpg

No the Pens did that and it looks lame. Also it doesn't match the three team colors any more. The Bucs need to get rid of red and the recycled black alt. They need a black alt with their current font and yellow letters/white outline. I think they could pull a yellow jersey/black letters/white outline with maybe black sleeves too. Yellow hat/black brim. They also need to put a yellow do rag on the Pirate head.

That's just my opinion though.

I don't get a sense that White Sox Fan was suggesting a metallic gold like the Penguins went to (for the record, I'm not a fan of that change either). Just a slightly darker shade of gold. Similar to what they had in the early 70's and earlier

As for the Pittsburgh Pirate alt? The black alts they've worn up until this year look like batting practice jerseys (as do most solid color alts). Gold would look like the late 70's banana suits they wore (most of us who suffered through those are still medicated to some degree!). This year's pinstripes worn with white pants are rejected a softball league design and we can only hope management abandons them as a one year debacle.

As for the red, I didn't like it at first, but it's really grown on me, particularly since the Pirates had red in their unis for quite a while before adopting their current color scheme. This is (a relatively acurate replica) from their 41-42 season:

Pirates41-42jpg.jpg

But I do wish they'd either integrate a darker red - sort of crimson - into the entire package or just get rid of it.

At the end of the day, I prefer the Buccos without an alt. I believe that their uniforms are strong enough without one in the set and that they should to continue concentrate on building their team rather than worrying about fixing something like their uniform that, at it's core, essentially works. I hope they improve on the logo, but the wordmark and uniforms are simple and unique. IMHO, of course.

And I agree heartily about the Pirate needing a gold "do rag." Something like this?

Pirates.jpg

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

My response to some of yours:

A.L. East

Red Sox-Use a blue alt (or none at all)

Yankees-I think they are the only team without an alt and I think they should keep it up.

(Blue Jays)

A.L. Central

White Sox-I don't know about being on the level of the Yanks, but they should keep them a while

Indians-get rid of chief wahoo (I totally agree)

Royals-I really don't like the black. Go back to just blue or perhaps use more yellow.

A.L. West

Angels-Don't touch a thing

N.L. East

Mets-Dump the black.

N.L. Central

Reds-Use less black

Brewers-They should never have switched from their mid-1990s uniforms

N.L. West

D'Backs-Need to start over, in my opinion

Rockies-Dump the sleeveless black alts

Padres-Go back to brown and orange (1996ish)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I was with you for a while, until this:
Brewers-keep them as is

Just because they play like a corporate softball team doesn't mean that they have to look like one. :mad:

I love the Brewers look -- just put Milwaukee on the roads and they're set.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

rbripley, I really like your Pirate logo a ton. I don't like the 70's "gold" because it looks like mustard and dirty. I like the yellow because it stands out. I go to grad school with a girl who's family has money in the team. I'll see her again in a few weeks and see how much "input" they get to Pirates unis. Heck, maybe if she can say something, someone here could get some $$ and some pub but I am not guaranteeing anything at all. I'm not tight with her and I know she's going to the Yanks and Sox series so she won't be around.

KISSwall09.jpg

I was with you for a while, until this:
Brewers-keep them as is

Just because they play like a corporate softball team doesn't mean that they have to look like one. :mad:

I love the Brewers look -- just put Milwaukee on the roads and they're set.

Agreed with Mr. Creamer. And they didn't look or play like a corporate softball team against the Big Unit and the Evil Empire last night ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

AL East:

Orioles: Baltimore on the road

Red Sox: no red alt

Yankees: fine

Blue Jays: WS uniforms please. Or at least, BLUE

Devil Rays: I dunno where to start

AL Central:

White Sox: fine

Twins: TC hat on the road

Royals: no vests, no black

Indians: no silver trim, keep Wahoo

Tigers: fine

AL West:

Angels: Los Angeles on the road

Rangers: Dodger script at home, no drop shadows

A's: fine

Mariners: fine

NL East:

Braves: no red alt

Nationals: DC hats

Mets: no black

Marlins: more teal

Phillies: Philadelphia on the road

NL Central:

Cardinals: St. Louis on the road, MAYBE red hats on the road?

Cubs: names, no hat with a red bill on the road

Brewers: Milwaukee on the road

Pirates: no vests

Reds: no vests no pinstripes no drop shadows. SIMPLE 1970 UNIFORMS

Astros: revise the H-star. More red hat. Maybe a whole redesign.

NL West:

Dodgers: names, no silver trim on Los Angeles

D-Backs: lose the purple, look more like the arena league Rattlers

Padres: tan SD on the caps home and road, maybe a better city script? maybe grey?

Rockies: we all know

Giants: fine

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

AL EAST

1) New York Yankees -- Classic home uniform, perhaps the best in the majors. Their road uniform is also pretty good looking, and would be hard to change much without a total redesign.

2) Baltimore Orioles -- Love the ORIOLES jersey script. Pretty simple but classy looking jerseys -- even the black alts work for me. I would like to see a uniform that says Baltimore, though, and I would add a variation on this logo, with the world "Orioles" eliminated and the bird centered in the diamond, to the left sleeve.

3) Boston Red Sox -- Their home uniform is classic, though not as good as the Yankees'. Their road uniform makes me yawn. Their red alternate is disgusting, though a blue one would be neat. Every player on this team should be required to wear red socks, with the pants cut high. I would be interested in seeing this logo as a left breast patch on either a road or alternate jersey, or perhaps just the center portion of it with the "red sox" image.

4) Tampa Bay Devil Rays -- I'm not a huge fan, but they're starting to look like a baseball team. Drop the vest, though.

5) Toronto Blue Jays -- I saw the Cubs and the Jays last night, and i had a tough time remembering that Toronto was the other team. I don't know what the hell they're thinking up there in Toronto, but I have never seen a team ditch such good looking uniforms for no apparent reason. And a gray hat? Is somebody slipping Mary Jane into the front office brownies? Worst uniforms in baseball.

AL CENTRAL

1) Chicago White Sox -- Great home uniforms, great road uniforms, and their black alternate uniform is probably the best in baseball. The number placement on the front of the jersey is sharp. As much as I loved their late 80s uniforms, I see no reason to change what they have going now. I would like to see that road uni more often, though -- and drop the vest.

2) Minnesota Twins -- Their road uni is the only pinstripes-on-gray that I like. Their home uniform is also a very nice use of pinstripes with a full-text-across-chest logo (I usually only like the pinstripes with the breast patch logo). I also like both of their alts, which make very good use of red trim.

3) Detroit Tigers -- Their home uniform is often mentioned in the same breath as the Yankees, and with good reason. Their road uniform is somewhat disinteresting, but most are. I like the use of orange on it. I would be interested in seeing them wearing a dark blue

4) Cleveland Indians -- Nothing particularly special here, but they don't look bad. I like their home alt, but I don't really like the dark-blue jersey with gray pants on their road alt.

5) Kansas City Royals -- their regular jersey set looks like they play in the International League. Their best uniform is their blue alternate, which looks surprisingly sharp. Drop the vests, and go back to powder blue road unis.

AL WEST

1) Oakland Athletics -- I love their home uniform, which wins the award for best use of green and yellow in sports (sorry, Packers fans). Their road uniform wins points for saying "Oakland" on it. Their alt is depressingly predictable, and I can't see why anyone would bother wearing it, though. I wouldn't mind seeing the old A's logo make a comeback on an alternate.

2) Seattle Mariners -- I love the rose above Seattle and Mariners in these uniforms. Very clean, and an alt that looks good at home.

3) Texas Rangers -- Memo to whoever decided blue was a good idea in these uniforms: keep it up!

4) Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim -- I despite the font that they use. If it were up to me, they'd change their name back to the California Angels, and go back to the jerseys from that era, because these suck.

NL EAST

1) Washington Nationals -- I adore these jerseys, with the notable exception of their BP jerseys, which they have worn during one game. I love the design on those, just not the colors. Wear this logo on the left sleeve of both uniforms, and take the BP hat and use it as their regular hat.

2) Atlanta Braves -- Their home and road uniforms are a modern classic, and I see no reason to change either of them. DROP THE RED ALTERNATE UNIFORM. I cannot stress that last point enough...

3) Florida Marlins -- This should be their regular home uniform. The black alt is OK, and looks fine both at home and on the road. Their road grays are one of the best in baseball.

4) Philadelphia Phillies -- Their uniforms look alright. If I had my way, they'd go back to their 80s uniforms, think Mike Schmidt.

5) New York Mets -- They score so low because I don't identify them with ANY of their uniforms. Choose a set and wear it, please. Pinstripes are fine. If you don't want them, that's cool too. Drop the black, including the drop shadows.

NL CENTRAL

1) St. Louis Cardinals -- Very slick uniforms, no reason to change them. Wouldn't mind a return of the powder blue road unis. Also wouldn't mind seeing "St. Louis" instead of "Cardinals" on the road jersey. Classic hat design.

2) Chicago Cubs -- These are my favorite home uniforms in baseball, but the road uniforms aren't very interesting. They were a nice set of road grays in 1990-91 that used a different font for "CHICAGO" that I liked a lot more. Better than their "Cuba" days, though. Their alternate is alright, but it is waaay overused. With Prior and Wood on the DL and Maddux having switched to wearing blue on the road, the only time they don't seem to wear it is when Maddux is pitching at home. I was hoping that Koronka would choose to wear the pinstripes last night, but alas, he wore the blue alt. I would love a set of white with pinstripes, blue, and gray uniforms, that all have the Cubs logo affixed to the left breast.

3) Pittsburgh Pirates -- This choice may baffle some, but it's the only other NL central uniform that doesn't make me yawn and turn my TV off. The vests look fine.

4) Houston Astros -- Drop those ugly-ass red/orange alts, and we'll talk about how to improve your other jerseys. If they went back to their uniforms circa 15 years ago, I would be pleased. I don't hate the pinstripes as much as other people seem to, though.

5) Milwaukee Brewers -- I don't think this team knows how to make a good uniform, so...

6) Cincinatti Reds -- No more black, no more vests.

NL WEST

1) San Francisco Giants -- Their home uniforms are approaching the rank of "Classic". The color is used well, and the look is very clean.

2) Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles -- Also a classic look. I don't like it quite as much as the Giants jersey -- still a very good one. I like that they dropped the numbers, and I like that thier road grays say "Los Angeles". Also have a very good use of red on their home uniforms.

3) Arizona Diamondbacks -- They need a less busy road jersey, but their home one is exactly how it should be. Drop the pinstripes on the road, and consider changing the font.

4) San Diego Padres -- "Sand and Surf", WTF?

5) Colorado Rockies -- This team never fails to remind me of a minor league club, either in play or look.

You're an idiot. Don't touch the Cubs home unis. The White sox? THey will never reach Yankee status, they have only had them for 10 years and its just a trend.

Pretty harsh to just call someone an idiot. Let me see... the three changes suggested were: Drop the alts, add the names, and ditch the blue hat with red bill. So where did anyone say anything about the Cubs normal home uniform, except for the names?

As for the White Sox? I'm sorry, but they're the only team I can think of to have an alt and STILL be closer to perfection than anyone else. If they stick with this scheme, which is what the guy suggested, they'll be pretty damn close to the Yankees. Of course, it would help if they won some championships with the current set. :wink2:

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I agree. The grey hats gotta go.

MAKE 'EM BLUE!

And since everyone likes wearing the black alts soooo much...why not make them the road uni instead of the grey?

And for the new alt? A throwback to the WS era.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Mets-keep as is

Reds-keep them as is

Giants-add a black alt

First off kill the black!!! Even in the case where black is a primary color, a black alt doesnt work. They tried a black alt already and it really didnt look good. and no need for a red cards jersey. Itd be too much like Hotlanta.

spacer.png

On 11/19/2012 at 7:23 PM, oldschoolvikings said:
She’s still half convinced “Chris Creamer” is a porn site.)

Archived