vikings anniversary logo

Krona

Granted the league does the Super Bowl in roman numerals, but, now anniversary logos? I mean we've seen the X used many times, even V or LXXV from the NYRangers. This is getting out of control!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I hate the Vikings, but I think the use of the "V" is pretty clever.

Don't like celebrating all sorts of meaningless anniversaries, though. 25, 50, 75, 100 and all combinations thereof are okay. But just because the number ends in "5" they create a logo? :rolleyes:

i agree, all though i would add 10 to the list of acceptible years.

45th anniversary? 2005-1961 != 46 years.

I can see math was not one of favourite subjects ^_^

Shush you. Top 9 in state in math back in the day, thank you.

The point was it can't be their 45th anniversary season. Let's say they started in 2000. 2001 would be their anniversary season. 2002 their second, so on. 2045 would be their 45th anniversary season. 2045-2000=45. 2005-1961=44 not 45. So I missed a digit. :P

I expected a better insult from you. ^_^

Shush you. Top 9 in state in math back in the day, thank you.

The point was it can't be their 45th anniversary season. Let's say they started in 2000. 2001 would be their anniversary season. 2002 their second, so on. 2045 would be their 45th anniversary season. 2045-2000=45. 2005-1961=44 not 45. So I missed a digit. :P

I expected a better insult from you. ^_^

When it comes to math, I'm pretty good. When it comes to math insults, I'm not so good :)

I saw, I came, I left.

I hate the Vikings, but I think the use of the "V" is pretty clever.

Don't like celebrating all sorts of meaningless anniversaries, though. 25, 50, 75, 100 and all combinations thereof are okay. But just because the number ends in "5" they create a logo? :rolleyes:

I agree. No need to celebrate 45th.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

they use roman numerals so they could put the stylish V in there.

Well if they celebrate their 1005th anniversary, they can use MV :)

OK THAT would be cool. But I don't think I'll live long enough to see it...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The point was it can't be their 45th anniversary season. Let's say they started in 2000. 2001 would be their anniversary season. 2002 their second, so on. 2045 would be their 45th anniversary season. 2045-2000=45. 2005-1961=44 not 45.

OMMF's math is good. Technically, it's the Vikings who are wrong.

Taking OMMF's argument further:

1961 = 1st season (or, the 0th anniversary)

1962 = 2nd season = 1st anniversary (much as we all had to live one year before celebrating our first birthdays)

1963 = 3rd season = 2nd anniversary

[FAST FORWARD]

2005 = 45th season = 44th anniversary

If the Vikings want to commemorate their 45th season of football, they are correct and within their rights do to so. But to call it their 45th anniversary is premature, unless they are celebrating something that happened in 1960.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If the Vikings want to commemorate their 45th season of football, they are correct and within their rights do to so. But to call it their 45th anniversary is premature, unless they are celebrating something that happened in 1960.

Is it possible that they might have been awared the franchise in 1960? :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

If the Vikings want to commemorate their 45th season of football, they are correct and within their rights do to so.  But to call it their 45th anniversary is premature, unless they are celebrating something that happened in 1960.

Is it possible that they might have been awared the franchise in 1960? :therock:

Possibly. That still wouldn't make it the 45th Anniversary Season though. See, they made the mistake of using both words.

45th anniversary? 2005-1961 != 46 years.

I can see math was not one of favourite subjects ^_^

It doesn't sound like English was one of your favorite subjects. :P

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived