Buffalo Sabers Concept

Chief.

Been done many many times before.

Doesn't mean you can't like or dislike it...

I think when they changed they were the team most in need of a change (with one possible exception--although that team has changed since then too)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I really don't care what the Sabres wear since they're my all-time unfavorite team and the Rochester media force-feeds them down our throats. That having been said, what did you do, get these jerseys at a Nashville fire sale and change the crest? :mad:

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada:

With that silver though, it makes them the same colors as the Predators

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I really don't care what the Sabres wear since they're my all-time unfavorite team and the Rochester media force-feeds them down our throats. That having been said, what did you do, get these jerseys at a Nashville fire sale and change the crest? :mad:

I always liked the Rochester media's coverage of the Sabres and Amerks. It's nice to be able to get news on divisional rivals from the local perspective, and until Rogers cable switched our American network affiliates to Detroit, we used to get local news from 3 out of the other 4 Northeast Division cities.

Bulldog, do you get any televised Leafs news out of Toronto?

It's better than what they have now, but I'd still take their originals over these. But we're moving in the right direction.

My beef with it is that there is no representation of the team name in the primary logo. The team is the Sabres. Not the Buffalo Buffalo.

I realize it's convenient to do this for Buffalo teams, but the concept has been worn down to the nub. At least the baseball team named themselves after bison. The city was not named for the animal; it's a corruption of the French words for "beautiful river" (beau fleuve). I wish people would try and stay away from overusing the animal.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Agree with others on here, the logo should be the circle and swords.

like this?

dont mean to hijak the thread, but this was my first concept a while back and it was pretty close to what people have been discribing, so i thought id break it out again.

Right logo, icecap. But keeping the striping pattern they wear now still resembles a buffalo head. I'd keep that logo but change the stripes (and overly long cowl over the shoulders) to something else, maybe an update of the old stripes.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I agree with the others. The colours (and the jerseys too) do look like the Preds kits.

Which, if you ask me, is a very GOOD thing :P.

But personally, I don't think there's that much wrong with the current red, black and white kit (although they're too close to NJ, perhaps).

I think the blue/gold colours are now more or less the domain of the Blues. When you bring this much white and silver in, you're just a light teal and an orange away from the Preds.

Probably unnecessary, is my final verdict.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

BOOOO!

We dont need no stinkin' Leaf fans in Rochester.

Sup T ? LOL

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Chief,

I like the recolor, and the jerseys are ok. They do look a little similar to the Preds. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I still say that if the Sabres go back to blue and gold (which they should), they should adopt something along the lines of JS's design #4. Right colors, simple striping, great logo.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived