AHL brings back the "home whites"?

ColeJ

according to http://www.rivermen.net/news/?id=2764, these are the new rivermen sweaters...

Peoria-Home-(AHL-Web).jpg

Peoria-Away-(AHL-Web).jpg

notice file names call the whites home, and the link on the official site says "Please click here to view a large version of the team's home white jersey or click here to view a large version of the team's away dark jersey. "

also, on the HF forums, this was posted.

AHL teams will be wearing whites at home and darks on the road in 2005-06.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

================

Jason Chaimovitch

Vice President of Communications,

American Hockey League

i say kudos to the A... can't wait to see the iowa sweaters. i'm pleasantly suprised by the peoria uniforms (except the logo, obviously...), because i was expecting another parent-club-clone situation. hopefully iowa comes up with something nice and unique for themselves.

I like these, too. It's a nice nod to the parent club with the colors and the angled striping on the sleeves and the 'Note on the shoulder - but not just a Blues jersey with a Rivermen logo.

I'm even more pumped that Omaha is in the "A" now...I'll have to schedule a trip to visit in the in-laws around a Rivermen v. Ak-sar-ben Knights game.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

I think the Blues might adopt these duds in a few years.

Hmm, that makes me think... I know farm teams have used their parent's team jerseys, but has a parent team and a farm team ever used the same style that the farm wore first?

I like how these Peoria jerseys use both shades of blue, and I like how the league is switching back to white at home.

I guess the AHL teams aren't getting the "new and improved" Reebok "form fitting" template that they've been saying will be adopted by the NHL next year?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hmm, that makes me think... I know farm teams have used their parent's team jerseys, but has a parent team and a farm team ever used the same style that the farm wore first?

if you're familiar with the infamous dallas stars "mooterus" sweater, i do believe the utah grizzlies wore an alternate jersey that was very very similar in shape the year before the stars adopted it...

now the grizzlies are out of the AHL, so hopefully the stars will drop the mooterus when they begin play again.

I see that the Rivermen sweaters have a Reebok logo in their tag. What happened to SK, the AHL's long-time sweater supplier? Were they taken over by Reebok, did they just lose the contract, or are they out of business. If anyone knows it would be nice if you'd post the info.

I've been watching the AHL since 1958. They've had the habit of going back and forth with home sweaters every few years for as long as I can remember. :blink:

IIRC, I believe Reebok bought The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho/Jofa) and also may have bought out SK as well (which means at least one team in the UHL (Elmira) is in the market for a new uni supplier)...

As for the switch back to white at home and color on the road...guess that means the Wolfpack are gonna need to re-design their jerseys yet again...seeing the white one had "HARTFORD" down the front like the Rangers.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I don't know about SK, but the AHL has been wearing jerseys from S-P Apparel since 1999 or 2000, when S-P took over the contract from Bauer/Nike. CCM and Reebok have been advertised as the official apparel supplier to the AHL for the last few seasons, but not for the jerseys. CCM/RBK has been the official locker room supplier for jerseys and other clothing, but I think they will brand the jerseys starting this season.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

IIRC, I believe Reebok bought The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho/Jofa) and also may have bought out SK as well (which means at least one team in the UHL (Elmira) is in the market for a new uni supplier)...

SP Apparel (this year's AHL jersey supplier) was not bought by anyone. Reebok/THC simply outbid them for the contract.

Bad news on the Iowa Stars - so far, all their local promotions indicate they will use the NHL Stars sweater with Iowa replacing Dallas.

You mean the Iowa Stars logo replacing the Dallas Stars logo, right? Iowa unveiled a logo this year that, while similar to the parent club's, is different than that used by Dallas.

i hate when teams use the same uniforms as the parent club. it's so boring. there are too many that do that. i like when they have something in common with the parent club (like the rivermen here, or the Monarchs and kings with the city name across the bottom).

same design but diggerent colors is a little different though. worcester did that and it was ok.

oh, and i like home whites. haha. hope the nhl does it too.

Bad news on the Iowa Stars - so far, all their local promotions indicate they will use the NHL Stars sweater with Iowa replacing Dallas.

that is disappointing to me...

all it would take would be a few little tweaks and a semi-unique uniform, and they'd get me to buy one of their jerseys... if it's just a straight dallas hand-me-down, i won't buy one. i've got more than enough dallas stars jerseys as it is. :(

but i am happy that the I-Stars are named the stars... i love when teams do that. now instead of envying the penguins and the "baby pens", now i've got my own "baby stars" :)

You mean the Iowa Stars logo replacing the Dallas Stars logo, right? Iowa unveiled a logo this year that, while similar to the parent club's, is different than that used by Dallas.

Reapers right, it's slightly different, but not much.

Check out the I-Stars logo here:

http://www.iowastarshockey.com/

Archived