Tampa Lightning Concept

Krona

This is my first hockey concept. I know its a bit different. The logos are still undecided, besides the alternate. I'd like some feedback on what works best. I took a chance with the alternate jersey. I chose a yellow thats not to hi-lighter, but still fresh. I feel like there are a few pastels that would really work in sports. If they ever decide to switch to blue ice, it'd would pop pretty well. i also chose to replace silver with more of a pewter a la the bucs. plus, it plays off the hazy skies during a t-storm. C&C welcome

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/eke...ing-Uniform.gif

I agree with you that Tampa Bay is in need of a makeover. I really like the uniform concept, however, I think the alternate logo is much stronger than the primary logo. Also, it would be interesting to see your concept with black that the Lightning currently use. Good work!!

I'm with the others about the logo. The colors could be either a water theme or a winter theme, and with it being a hockey concept, I am seeing trees on the logos with 2 and 3 bolts. The alternate is your best logo, but the single, straight bolt isn't bad.

I understand the representation of the ocean with the blue curving stripes and all, and it ties into the location where the team plays and all, but the team is named the Lightning - which makes me think more of sharp, angular lines instead of curves

Your choice of numbers is a little odd as well. With a concept involving so many smooth curving lines, you chose standard-issue block numbers. The style of numbers doesn't really go with the other design elements IMHO.

Overall, I think it's a great look, but there are some issues left to be resolved. Great stuff, well executed.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i picked up on the negative trees myself. actually, i turned it into a sharp minnesota wild logo. thanks for the feedback. i was trying out anything with a superman-style crest. the bolts are tough to work with and i found that the alternate worked best with the complete one. id say the look overall that i was after was a bit of a 30s class and elegance with mild colors. i would like to put more emphasis on the lightning, but was afraid of winding up like the heinous lightning alts. you know, the heavy metal concert shirt ones?

Did someone say fishsticks? I hope so. That logo was great, although I can't say the same for the uniforms.

As for these, I don't care for them. The logo just isn't working, and the uniform is a bit too monochrome.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like the colors, but no offense, hate the logo's. Would look good if it was a midwest team. Looks too much like the Minnesota Timberwolves, if they were hockey. The colors would look good on the current Lightning logo though

I like basically every element in this concept, but only individually. The logo doesn't seem to match the rest. The colors feel a bit weird for the logo. The striping doesn't mesh with a team called "Lightning" (smooth, flowing stripes for something that is sharp and jagged?). I also agree that it just doesn't at all have the feel of a hockey jersey, although I am not so sure that's a bad thing.

I would be very interested to see you tinker with this and post your progress. It seems to me like it could end up as a great concept (or concepts, if you break up the elements).

the logos strike me as very odd...although I see the bolts, i'm in everybody else's boat, taht it looks more like a Minnesota Wild logo. most probably not where you wanted to go with this. but hey, it could be worse-it coulda been an odd amalgamation that has teh face of a bear, the body of a lion and the combover of a used car salesman :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived