Twins wear BP tops for game

stpmn

The Twins apparently looked for another way to end their tough two week stretch of baseball by wearing BP tops for the game this afternoon versus the Tigers. It must have worked. Carlos Silva pitched a complete game and the Twins won 6-2.

Add the Twind to the list of teams that have worn thier BP tops for one reason or another.

silva2fk.jpg

what i dont like is the fact that the twins bp jerseys are to close to the home alts. imo thw twins should use a red bp jersey with the twins script in white, oulined in navy. the TC logo would be on the sleave.

to wear before the games when the team takes batting practice. they change into the game unis after their pre game stretching, throwing, and batting.

o and to sell more merchandise to fans :D

I think this is so lame of a trend especially when the bp looks like a generic version of the alt (see Twins, Rays). Imagine the NFL letting the guys run around in their mesh practice jerseys for a game or the nba getting it on with the warm up suits. Practice jerseys are for practice.

KISSwall09.jpg

to wear before the games when the team takes batting practice. they change into the game unis after their pre game stretching, throwing, and batting.

o and to sell more merchandise to fans :D

In other words, something to wear when sweating their bags off before the game and then changing into the game duds.

I've also been disappointed by the Twins BP jerseys for their similiarities to the alt. I love Oakland's green BP's or the National's red ones. But i don't know a viable option for a Twins one. I really don't like seeing the Twins in red -- it just doesn't look right. Blue, to me, is the only option and I don't know of any other scripts or logos to put on it that would differeniate it from the alt's.

Anyway, I'm glad they found a way to win.

Maybe some red from the front and back of the shoulders, under the arm and down the side. The same spot where some teams have a second color in their BP tops. There really is not much else to do. I have always thought navy, red, and powder blue looks good together. Similar to the Tennessee Titans. I know Tennessee is not powder, but you get the idea.

If the Twins used some powder piping along with red on a navy jersey. I believe it can be done correctly and look good. Again, it goes back to these are just pre-game tops. Do these need to look spectacular? In the eyes of MLB Licensing....I guess they do.

...and NBA guys just wear sweats over their game uniforms.

Yeah, but basketball has always had the tradition of full warm-up uniforms, breakway pants and all. That, to me, is more exorbitant than having an extra BP jersey. Neither are all that necessary.

Perhaps this is MLB's way of introducing a new material for regular game jerseys -- i imagine the BP tops are much easier to play in, especially during hot days.

I suspect you're right.

We'll probably have mesh game jerseys before too long. Not sure how that would look on the pinstriped teams, or how white on white would look if the jersey / pants are different material. In the NFL you can definately see a difference.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Perhaps this is MLB's way of introducing a new material for regular game jerseys -- i imagine the BP tops are much easier to play in, especially during hot days.

I suspect you're right.

We'll probably have mesh game jerseys before too long. Not sure how that would look on the pinstriped teams, or how white on white would look if the jersey / pants are different material. In the NFL you can definately see a difference.

I've noticed here in Albuquerque that the Isotopes white home jerseys are a mesh material and it's really noticable. I don't particularly like it, but I'm sure the players do.

I suspect you're right.

I've noticed here in Albuquerque that the Isotopes white home jerseys are a mesh material and it's really noticable. I don't particularly like it, but I'm sure the players do.

Baseball is the only major sport that really hasn't taken advantage of innovations in materials / fabrics over the past couple decades. Not since the switch to polyester or "double-knit" in the 70's has there been a change. Football, basketball, and even hockey all have experimented with different fabrics that provide more ventilation, keep players dryer, provide more movement, etc. Maybe if CC is right, baseball is finally starting to embrace this technology.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Funny, football players don't wear separate jerseys when they go out for pre-game warmups...NHL players don't either...and NBA guys just wear sweats over their game uniforms.

the NBA things' been mentioned...heck, I remember when I was in middle school this one dude was rockin a Bulls home warmup suit...yeah, the style they wore during the 90s. which reminds me...didn't there seem to be a LOT more variety in warmups 10 years ago than there is now? :P I mean, you had the classy Bulls one, the Spurs had the fiesta colors on theirs, and I'd liked the ones the Bucks and Sonics had. Then ya had the Pistons with the first name on front (which, to my relief, they haven't ditched yet-hell, they still had that when they changed to teal)...I mean, right now it sort of seems like there's a lot of cookie cutters as far as that goes.

before I forget, many minor league hockey teams, notably in the AHL and ECHL, have warmup jerseys (I recall someone posted the P-Bruins' warmups a while back, in all its Dunkin Donuts glory :D ). Hasn't infiltrated the NHL yet, but you can't put anything past em. <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived