Milwaukee Brewers Concept

Evan

:shocked: Heck, this is worth another: :shocked:

This is truly eye catching. I do echo the sentiments about the white shadow, though. However, I think I know what the perfect fix might be. Look at the Milwaukee wordmark script in BgMack27's signature above. The dark letters are outlined in thin white, and then have the gold shadow off of that. I would really like to see you implement that method for your wordmark and glove logo.

LT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wordmark on BgMack27? I wouldn't do that. I don't even like that guy. He's a real idiot from what I heard. :P

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I really do like this new Brewer concept, the current M logo looks too much like Miller Beer.

authen-brewers-game-f-6.jpg

millerlogo160.gif

You think they didn't do that on purpose? Miller Park? Miller Beer? Miller logo?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I really do like this new Brewer concept, the current M logo looks too much like Miller Beer.

millerlogo160.gif

You think they didn't do that on purpose? Miller Park? Miller Beer? Miller logo?

I know they did it on purpose, but I don't think it's a good idea to have kids running around with Miller Beer appearal on them, like on caps and shirts.

Actually, it's not that close. The "Miller M" is not, however, very attractive. It would be more appropriate to have an Old English-style M (yes, just like the Tigers' D), given all the Germans in Milwaukee. (I would argue that the previous-design M was not close enough to the Old English-style M.)

Packers-2.png

I'm a big fan of Milwaukee's current uniforms. And I really, really don't like the old MB glove logo.

And yet I love what you've done here. Absolutely love it. I'd get rid of the alts, though, and make the gold-brimmed cap the standard home or away cap (you pick 'em). I particularly like the offset blue-gold-white look, like printing that doesn't quite line up on an old-fashioned press. Normally, I wouldn't go for distressed fonts or other such devices on a baseball uniform, but I can't help liking your offest blue-in-gold effect. It really sells the MB logo as a knowing, almost camp, bit of retro nostalgia.

Everything about what you've done should make me hate this concept. Yet it's one of my favorites. Good work!

20082614447.png

WOW!! I really think you nailed the font dead on (one of the best matches of font and team I've seen on here) and the old logo works with the new color scheme. Maybe the shadow could be adjusted a little bit but that is just a minor detail. I also really like the incorporation of the old and new with the sleeve patch and alternate logo. I really don't think this could have looked much better and I wish for the city of Milwaukee's sake that they would make a change like this in the near future.

Evan, when I saw the thread title and who started it I thought to myself, "He won't go the ball-in-glove route. He won't dare go there."

Yet you did.

I'm one of those that wish the stinkin' ball-in-glove logo was buried in the past with the Seattle Pilots' winged baseball wheel, and to be honest, I, like BallWonk, really wanted to hate this concept.

And like BallWonk, I simply can't. You've done great work here. The font choice for the city name and nickname on the front is inspired, and fits well. I'm not sure about the choice for the name and number on the back, but you're not looking for fancy here. I even like the white drop-shadow on the numbers. Very reminiscent of the Nationals' gold bevel.

The only nit I have is that away jersey. I don't think the powder blue works. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the color scheme.

And for the record, I think that what the Brewers have now is sharp as all get-out. I'd dump the Times Roman numbers and name lettering, though.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Two more things: The big E at the end of "Milwaukee" doesn't work for me. Put that one down; just keep the big M. But keep the big S at the end of Brewers.

Second, try putting the offset white drop shadow around the ball in the B the reverse of where it is now (dropping up and left instead of down and right). That will preserve the orientation of the blue B relative to the gold and create a more consistent offset-blue effect. I had the same problem last year when I made a BW logo based on the Brewers' MB logo, where I also did the offset drop shadow thing to look like old-fashioned printing, and it took me a while to figure out that the white around the ball has to "drop" the other way to give it a consistent look.

And seriously, this might be my favorite concept ever. Wow. It's so good that no real team would have the taste or the cojones to use what you've done. You've, like, transcended the sport with this one.

20082614447.png

millerlogo160.gif

[off topic] I've heard that said a lot, and other than the curly thing at the start of the letter, they're not alike. One comes to a point in the middle, the other is a pair of arches. One tends to get smaller both top and bottom, while the other is at an angle.

I'm not saying that Miller isn't involved in it (it is Miller Park and all), but I'm not feeling their influence in the logo. [/off topic]

It's where I sit.

If the Brew Crew ever do pay homage to the greatest logo in baseball history

the yankees "NY"?

the tigers "D"?

the red sox "B"?

the white sox slanted "SOX"?

the blue jays world series era logo?

heck, even the devil rays current logo is better then the ball and glove. i appreciate the effort here, but the ball and glove just kills it for me.

WOOHOO!!!!

MIL_1179.gif

I just did that to make people mad who hate that logo. :D

spacer.png

Archived