Final lockout countdown; reported to be just hours

edmfan16

There's every expectation that the end is near in the war of 2004. It's gone from months to weeks to days and now there's the belief it's down to hours.

This morning, probably for the last time, negotiators and lawyers will catch their final flight from here to New York before the deal is done, subject to ratification.

Just the fact they're going back at it on the Fourth of July in the U.S. indicates they plan to get it done this week. At least one rights-holding TV network has sent e-mails to it's reporters and camera men to not take any days off this week, not make any plans, in expectation of a flurry of DD-Day (Done Deal Day) media blitzing.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/...116250-sun.html

As well, Howard Bloom (the sports-business guy) was on Fox Sports Radio on Sunday and said that the NHL and NHLPA plan to announce a deal in principle on Tuesday.

:hockeysmiley:

44.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick of all the news reports.

Just wake me when it's OFFICIAL!!! :hockeysmiley:

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I'm sick of all the news reports.

Just wake me when it's OFFICIAL!!! :hockeysmiley:

Same here, it sounds like it is close but I've heard the same story several times.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

This better be real this time. Columbus is my only fix for hockey for 2005-06 since there will be no hockey here in Cincinnati this season. Im not going to see college or ECHL Dayton Bombers hockey because its just not as physical as the NHL or AHL

Signature intentionally left blank

Damn.

I was kind of looking forward to an NHL-free 2005-06.

Yeah? Well we were kinda looking forward to a Mad Mac-free Fourth of July. :D

(I keed, I keed. C'mon. Y'know you love hockey. Get outta the closet already! ^_^ )

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

This better be real this time. Columbus is my only fix for hockey for 2005-06 since there will be no hockey here in Cincinnati this season. Im not going to see college or ECHL Dayton Bombers hockey because its just not as physical as the NHL or AHL

what happened to the ducks?

I guess it depends on the college teams. I can tell you that the Hockey East is very physical. I'd wager a guess that the other big college conferences' teams play the same way.

Just because there's no fighting doesn't mean it's not physical.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Anaheim has left Cincinnati in favor of Portland, Maine however the team will be back with a new name(probably Stingers or Swords, from what Ive heard it has to do with past names) and affiliation (probably Columbus,Syracuse from what Ive heard wants out, and their contract expires at the end of 2005-06) for 2005-06 season. For the first time since the 1989-90 hockey season there will be no hockey in Cincinnati.

Anaheim has left Cincinnati in favor of Portland, Maine

They did what now?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Weve been over this before!

Albany-Still with New Jersey

Hartford-Still with Rangers

Lowell-Still with Carolina, Calgary left, Colorado now fills the Calgary spot

Manchester-still with LA

Portland-dropped Washington, Anaheim joins the Pirates

Providence- still with Boston

Springfield- still with Tampa Bay

Binghamton-still with Ottawa

Bridgeport-Still with Islanders

Hershey- dropped Colorado, Washington joins the Bears

Norfolk-Still with Chicago

Philadelphia- still with Flyers

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton- Still with Pittsburgh, still long ass name

Cleveland-Still alive, still with San Jose

Grand Rapids- still with Detroit

Hamilton-Still with Montreal, Edmonton joins

Manitoba-Still with Vancouver, now using last years secondary as primary

Rochester-Still with Buffalo

Syracuse- still with Columubs

Toronto Marlies- formerly St.John's Maple Leafs, still with Toronto MLeafs

Chicago- still with Atlanta

Houston-still with Minnesota, dropped Dallas

Iowa Stars-New team, Dallas

Milwaukee- still with Nashville

Omaha AkSarBen Knights- New team, Calgary

Peoria Rivermen-jumped from ECHL, formerly Worcester AHL,still St.Louis

San Antonio-Still alive, now with Phoenix

Edmonton RoadRunners- folded

Utah- Joined ECHL

Cincinnati- to return with new name and Affiliation in 2006

Worcester-Now Peoria

St.John's- Now Toronto

Florida-Most likely will send its prospects to the Toronto Marlies

Utah- Joined ECHL

So the ECHL expands further West??

Their traveling costs will be pretty high for a teams playing minor league... It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's going to last... :blink:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Utah- Joined ECHL

So the ECHL expands further West??

Their traveling costs will be pretty high for a teams playing minor league... It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it's going to last... :blink:

No, expanding further west would mean putting a team in Hawai'i. ;) Besides most of the games that the teams play are in within their conference.

I saw, I came, I left.

Thanks for clarifying this quad. I wasn't too sure about this ;)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived