NHL Apology Letter

redsfan39

July 22, 2005

Dear Drew,

This is a letter I had hoped to be able to send you several months ago. I am certain it is one you had hoped to be able to read long before today, and I will never be able to express adequately my appreciation ? along with that of the entire National Hockey League ? for the patience you have shown through the most difficult period in our history.

While it may be said that the greatness of hockey, and the NHL, is best measured by the character and tenaciousness of its players, I would add that the greatness of our game is also reflected by the character and tenaciousness of you, our devoted fans. I thank you all for that passionate support and I apologize to all of you, on behalf of everyone involved, for testing that support as severely as we did.

The negotiation of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement was an extremely complex undertaking and it took a painfully long time to complete. I promise you it did not take one second longer than absolutely necessary; and while it required a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice by a lot of people ? including you ? the result is that a great game will be even better upon our return.

As we move forward now in partnership with our players, we move equally, to a new era of exceptional entertainment, in partnership with you. We will come back with new rules, with a new spirit of cooperation and with a renewed sense of excitement as the best athletes in the world display their skills for the best fans in the world and strive to win the best trophy in the world, the Stanley Cup.

Over the past year, there has been entirely too much talk about the business of hockey and entirely too little talk about the joys of hockey. At last, it?s time, once again, to have fun ? the kind of fun only hockey can offer. I cannot wait to get back to the rink and I very much look forward to seeing you there.

Let?s get ready to drop the puck!

Sincerely,

[cant copy the sig]

Gag.

If Gary wants me to forgive him, he better come over to my house with a goalie stick, so I can whack him and Bob Goodenow upside the head.

Either that, or a Hartford Whalers jersey. That works too.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

If Gary wants me to forgive him, he better come over to my house with a goalie stick, so I can whack him and Bob Goodenow upside the head.

:lol: That made me chuckle.

I read it - I'm glad they are reaching out to the fans.

Kansas-BB-banner.pngΒ My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021Β  Β  Β  Β  Β St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)Β Β 2023 ChampionsΒ  Β  Β Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Apology accepted, Gary...

...now spank Bob Goodenow and say, "Bad boy! Bad, bad boy!" ^_^

(Hey, wait a sec. That kinda came off sounding like an erotic fantasy....trust me: it's not. Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing.....I just wasn't intending for it to sound that way. Now, had I included that Bettman dresses up like a dominatrix and Goodenow puts a gag in his mouth, then....well, you know. But I didn't. So, yeah. Move along. Nothing to see here) :oops:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I deserve an apology letter for the awfully playability EASports NHL 2005!!! RIGHT NOW!!!

:D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Fine, I'll take the 2 & 10, but if I get suspended for one game, I'm gonna spank -- I mean, I'm gonna raise hell! :unsure:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

The Raleigh N&O had a full page ad from the Hurricanes today, announcing, basically, nothing. They said changes were in the works, but offered no specifics.

This afternoon a local radio station reported the team was going to have a pre-season game Sept. 18th against Florida, offering free parking and admission. I'd still be surprised if 10,000 showed.

I can't speak for other markets, but the fans are speaking loud and clear down here in NC - lower ticket prices and put a competitive product on the ice, and maybe we'll come back. Whether or not Karmanos & Co. are listening though remains to be seen.

nav-logo.png

How about letter to Bob and Gary:

Dear Bob and Gary,

We are very sorry.......

but YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

Sincerely,

NHL fans everywhere

And now, introducing the new commissioner of the National Hockey League...

6905_512.jpg

:D

Wagner Athletic Group

Archived