Pittsburgh Wins Draft Lottery

TML-GBP 4 Life

it would be funny if people all bought these crosby pittsburgh jerseys and pittsburgh either pulls a "san diego chargers" or trades the pick for a supreme established star.

they already stated they are going to take crosby

but its the same thing as bouwmeester and spezza they say they're gonna take them and something happens you never know. Im not saying they're not gonna take them but I still think its a bit early for people to be buying Crosby 87 jerseys on ebay. How do we know hes gonna definately take #87 either?

I would think that it's almost certain that Crosby has #87 given his website - http://www.crosby87.com/. In addition, Crosby was in front of a backdrop with the new NHL logo and RBK crosby87.com while doing interviews after the lottery. I would think that Reebok wants to make 87 synonymous with Crosby like 99, 23, etc. have been.

Plus he was born on 8/7/87 :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Agreed. Odd jersey numbers are what make the NHL unique. You don't see baseball or basketball players on the field in #87, do you?

(And yes, I left football off - #87 is not unique at all in the NFL! ^_^ )

Basketball: Dennis Rodman #91 (and#73.) Shawn Bradley (#76).

Baseball: Carlton Fisk (#72) Rene Gonzales (#88) Mitch Williams and Turk Wendell (#99).

There's probably others too.

FOr the most part, you are correct though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed. Odd jersey numbers are what make the NHL unique. You don't see baseball or basketball players on the field in #87, do you?

(And yes, I left football off - #87 is not unique at all in the NFL!  ^_^ )

Basketball: Dennis Rodman #91 (and#73.) Shawn Bradley (#76).

Baseball: Carlton Fisk (#72) Rene Gonzales (#88) Mitch Williams and Turk Wendell (#99).

There's probably others too.

FOr the most part, you are correct though.

Gheorghe Muresan and his #77 come to mind which I think was also worn by Manute Bol.

For baseball, I believe Arthur Rhodes wore 74, Barry Zito wears 75 and Albert Belle wore 88 in Baltimore.

Don't forget about soccer; some reserves have weirdly high numbers, and on FC Porto alone there are two prominent ones ? Benni McCarthy wears 77 and keeper Vitor Baia wears 99.

2321.f.jpg

if they don't take Crosby after putting that on their official website...

Crosby will never wear that jersey on the ice

Only because it's a replica.

And because the lettering and numbering are so horribly wrong.

This is likely what he'll be wearing:

Crosby-Pit.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

This is likely what he'll be wearing:

Crosby-Pit.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Hmmmmm.....

How much trouble would it be for someone to transform my #27 Kovalev Penguins jersey into a #87 Crosby? :hockeysmiley:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

it would be funny if people all bought these crosby pittsburgh jerseys and pittsburgh either pulls a "san diego chargers" or trades the pick for a supreme established star.

but its the same thing as bouwmeester and spezza they say they're gonna take them and something happens you never know. Im not saying they're not gonna take them but I still think its a bit early for people to be buying Crosby 87 jerseys on ebay. How do we know hes gonna definately take #87 either?

I would think that it's almost certain that Crosby has #87 given his website - http://www.crosby87.com/. In addition, Crosby was in front of a backdrop with the new NHL logo and RBK crosby87.com while doing interviews after the lottery. I would think that Reebok wants to make 87 synonymous with Crosby like 99, 23, etc. have been.

I never thought I'd meet someone as cool that had that birthday. ^_^

I never thought I'd meet someone as cool that had that birthday. ^_^

God willing there is a 5 year old somewhere out there who has nothing but insane athletic fame and skill ahead of him, who happened to be born on 9/9/99.

God willing there is a 5 year old somewhere out there who has nothing but insane athletic fame and skill ahead of him, who happened to be born on 9/9/99.

And what number will he wear in the NHL? I understand '99' is already taken...

Probably should have said non-NHL but yes I do realize that 99 is taken.

Probably should have said non-NHL but yes I do realize that 99 is taken.

Would going with good old-fashioned "9" be too much for someone born on 9.9.99 to handle if they couldn't have 99? <_<

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived