New New York Jets Logo in 2007?

NoHoJoe

Rumor has it the the New York Jets will retire the "Back to The Future" throwback uniforms after the 2006-07 season. A suggestion to Woody Johnson- modify the Sasakatchewan RoughRiders unis and make a logo similar to the planes in the new STEALTH movie!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know, i am just old school maybe. Broadway Joe was heard one time saying that he never any of the newer Jets logo (the one from the 80's). I could be wrong.

Or maybe they could have a Jets logo in a sleath plane but with J E T S in it like the first one.

They are retro, but still have a modern look to them.

Huh? How do figure? There's nothing remotely modern about them...

(nor do either one of them have anything to do with their respective nicknames, either)

Wow. That's huge news. Where did you hear this rumor?

I think I'm one of the few here who think that this is GOOD news...

You are wrong.

And love the MST3K "Hercules vs the Moon Men" reference under yor avatar.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

NOOOOOOOOOO!! I love the logos and jerseys of the Jets and Giants.  They are retro, but still have a modern look to them.

whats modern about this?

new-york-jets.jpg

That is a great logo, a classic. Classy and traditional. Seeing the jets in their current uniforms is a joy. Their old ones were garbage. A piece of late 70's plope.

Returning to the classy, traditional threads was a great decision. However, the Jets retro look has nothing on the Giants, which is quite possibly the best uniform in the NFL.

P.S. I love the Glove.

sB9ijEj.png

Wow.  That's huge news.  Where did you hear this rumor?

You are wrong.

JQK - you're not going to believe this...and my intent here is purely on a "man-ly" level, but I had a dream about you last night (!). I travelled back in time, met you at some concert, told you about all of these NFL Style Guides I had, and told you about all of the NFL changes that were coming in future years. Really weird.

I have no idea what prompted this insanity.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue"...

:lol:

Wow.  That's huge news.  Where did you hear this rumor?

You are wrong.

JQK - you're not going to believe this...and my intent here is purely on a "man-ly" level, but I had a dream about you last night (!). I travelled back in time, met you at some concert, told you about all of these NFL Style Guides I had, and told you about all of the NFL changes that were coming in future years. Really weird.

I have no idea what prompted this insanity.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue"...

:lol:

hope it was a 'tallica concert.....

and those roses you sent were very lovely.... :P

sB9ijEj.png

I like the retro NY looks except the Giants new road uniforms. In the 80s they had the planiest logos in football they just put their script on their helmet tahts as plain as it gets.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The New York Jets look is great, reminding people of the days of Broadway Joe.

The logo, however, sucks. It's probably the worst in the NFL. It's very cluttered and very uncreative.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets keep the look of the uniforms, but go with a different type of logo. And not the same as the one from the '80s, which also sucked.

the giants were ok prior to going "ultra-retro" in regards to their road uniform. the giants, imo, can get away with just a "ny" because its kind of hard to come up with a logo that involves an actual giant without looking too cartoony.

the jets on the other hand are a mess. the logo metioned in this thread's first post sounds cool. the current logo is too cluttere with the jets wordmark, the NY, the small football (yet no jet. if they really want to stick with the current identity they should use the "NY"/oval alt they have been using for a while.

Being a huge Giants fan,I didn't mind the Giants changing the jerseys and pants, but I didn't want the NY coming back on the helmets (mostly because they play in NJ!).

The Jets it seems like have never had a very good design. But you watch, they'll spend a ton of money designing a new logo and they'll just italicize the NY.

David

Archived