New New York Jets Logo in 2007?

NoHoJoe

i love the jets uniforms and logo. they dont play in shea anymore so the jets name doesnt really need to be an airplane.

what else is a jet going to be?

Isn't the Meadowlands right next to an airport?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love the jets uniforms and logo. they dont play in shea anymore so the jets name doesnt really need to be an airplane.

what else is a jet going to be?

The Meadowlands is Exit 16A off the Turnpike. EWR is Exits 13, 14, and 14A.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

You're probably thinking of Shea Stadium...where the Jets played through 1983...which is right next to LaGuardia Aiport.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Nope. I remember driving along the NJ Turnpike and seeing the Meadowlands in the distance behind Newark Airport. So there's a few exits between them, what's that, 2-3 miles maybe?

Close enough. Jets is not that much of a stretch.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You're probably thinking of Shea Stadium...where the Jets played through 1983...which is right next to LaGuardia Aiport.

dude...its actually not EVEN that far....maybe half a mile....its right on the airport...and even 2 to 3 miles doesnt make a friggin difference, that is probably the closest definition of NEAR the airport I can think of, IF NOT the closest definition of next to. Hell I say I live near Bradley and its a 20 minute drive....growing up the nearest airport was 2 1/2 hours away.

ON TOPIC: I'd like to see something simple that will blow me away. Is there word on ditching the current color scheme?

The problem I see with the Jets look  is not in design, but execution. Reebok has the off-color sleeve coming way too high onto the shoulder. Looks like a 1980s prom dress- poofy shoulders.

That's exactly what I've always thought about the Falcons' current sleeves...only, I've compared them to the sleeves worn by Snow White...

Aren't the Jets adding inner-sleeve coloring this year? Green on the underside of the white sleeves, and vice versa?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nope. I remember driving along the NJ Turnpike and seeing the Meadowlands in the distance behind Newark Airport. So there's a few exits between them, what's that, 2-3 miles maybe?

Close enough. Jets is not that much of a stretch.

Yea, but Giant Stadium isn't in the flight pattern of the planes flying. That is the big thing with Shea Stadium especially in the summer, the planes fly directly over the Stadium. Not that I'm suggesting the Jets should change their name nor they do not need a logo with a jet in it. Change the logo not the unis.

Newark Airport is well north of the Meadowlands. It's practically the first thing you see when you cross into Jersey over the George Washington Bridge. Giants Stadium and Continental Airlines Arena sit in what's basically a gigantic parking lot, further south down the NJ Turnpike.

mainescarf.png

Here's a prototype from Helmets, Helmets, Helmets. Could this be the change?

Jets_proto_1.gif

"This helmet is rumored to be an upcoming change for the team. The team began using the new logo last year, but whether it will make onto a helmet anytime soon is pure speculation."

Just pushing this up as it's probably the most legitimate rumor to this point.

VmWIn6B.png

Here's a prototype from Helmets, Helmets, Helmets.  Could this be the change?

Jets_proto_1.gif

"This helmet is rumored to be an upcoming change for the team. The team began using the new logo last year, but whether it will make onto a helmet anytime soon is pure speculation."

If there's any legitimacy at all, since NoHoJoe stated that he started the rumor himself.

Granted, the Jets are using that logo. Along those lines, I would expect someone to say that the Bengals will be changing to the striped B on their helmets, as well.

It's where I sit.

How about this...could somebody get a composite sketch of the Saskacthewan Rough Riders NEW home and road unis and have 10 in the front and PENNINGTON in the rear with the 78-97 JETS logo on the V Neck?

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Here's a prototype from Helmets, Helmets, Helmets.  Could this be the change?

Jets_proto_1.gif

If there's any legitimacy at all, since NoHoJoe stated that he started the rumor himself.

Granted, the Jets are using that logo. Along those lines, I would expect someone to say that the Bengals will be changing to the striped B on their helmets, as well.

Actually, that was a rumor a few years ago actually swirling around Jets message boards if I remember correctly.

Archived