Minnesota Twins Concept

Anomalied

First off, add piping to the pants so they match up with the jersey.

Second, I really don't think they would go back to those wordmarks, they have won World Series' in their current sets, and, well, I just don't see them going back to it.

That being said, solely on whether they would actually use them, from a conceptual standpoint (hey, I kinda sounded smart there), I think these are flat out awesome. They look excellent with old script and "TC" yet doesn't look like you're just trying to throw something together in the spirit (or fad) of "All Throwback" style uniforms.

Ok, I just read this and got lost myself, so, sorry.

Keep up the good work. Peace. B)

They're nice, they're clean, but they're not overwhelming.

The "Minnesota" script looks like something better suited to one of the old Starter fashion jerseys than a game jersey.

I like the idea, and I love the execution, but these are almost too spare. Piping - maybe even 3-color piping - around the button placket, outlining on numbers, something...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Those are really nice, Anom, except for two things:

1. Except for the sans-a-belt era, the Twins have always worn pinstripes at home.

2. This Twins fan would prefer blue lettering with red outline on the home uniforms.

And the reason the Minnesota script didn't have the tail like the Twins script was so it could fit "TWINS" and some stars in it.

That Minnesota script was used for the jackets back in the olden days (I still picture Jim Kaat leading off first wearing one of those jackets when we went to a Twins-Yankees series sometime back in the '60s, and I was a kid).

Good.

I'd like outlines around the numbers, though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the current home script. The block "MINNESOTA" and the pinstripes on the road greys have definitely worn out their welcome. A script version of the current home "Twins" on a plain grey uniform would be my choice. And I like the "TC" cap logo. I seem to recall reading when the team moved in '61 the reason they went with "TC" was because some folks would think it stood for Minneapolis rather than Minnesota. And with a new team they didn't want to offend folks in St. Paul. Any comments? Good work, you're on the right track. :rolleyes:

I seem to recall reading when the team moved in '61 the reason they went with "TC" was because some folks would think it stood for Minneapolis rather than Minnesota. And with a new team they didn't want to offend folks in St. Paul.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that is right.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love the "Minnesota" script, but it reminds me a tad of the indians roads, which isn't good since they are in the same division. But overall great work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

• 2 years later...

I agree that the script "Minnesota" looks too amateurish. Not blaming you... I just think Minnesota is a hard word to make look good in script. I'd try a contrasting wordmark instead.

I'd also put an outline on the road numbers. The navy tends to wash into the grey.

Other than that... not bad at all...

I agree with jkorkie, but to me EVERYTHING looks too much like the Indians. I think If you had more navy and less red, it'd look better.

Why exactly did you bring back up a two-year-old thread? This is about the third time you've done this in the last 24-hours.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I agree with jkorkie, but to me EVERYTHING looks too much like the Indians. I think If you had more navy and less red, it'd look better.

Good God, you're an :censored:. You really needed to dig up something from July '05? You realize we can all read the dates of these threads you're bringing up, right?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I love the "Minnesota" script, but it reminds me a tad of the indians roads, which isn't good since they are in the same division. But overall great work.

Why exactly did you bring back up a two-year-old thread? This is about the third time you've done this in the last 24-hours.

I think you got the wrong guy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think you got the wrong guy.

Oh yeah, oops. Got the guy above him (actually from 2005).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived