Vermont Expos POWDER BLUE jerseys

simpsontide

i also liked the powder blues, but found it a bit odd they wore powder blue unis with white pants. It's unfortunate that next year Vermont is changing it's nickname. I liked how they carried on the tradition an extra year.

It's unfortunate that next year Vermont is changing it's nickname. I liked how they carried on the tradition an extra year.

Is already there the new nickname?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

The name is still in the process of a fan vote. ESPN showed a box with 30,000 entrants.

As far as the powder blues, yup, they were powder blue -- white "Expos" script on the front and red numbers (no trim that I could see) on the back.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

If I remember correctly, the only reason the Vermont Expos didn't change their name this season was because they didn't have time to get a "Name-The-Team" contest going in time for the regular season.

I kinda like the idea of them becoming the Vermont Lake Monsters, to go along with the idea of the Lake Champlain Monster ("Champ", which is their mascot and subject of a pointless ESPN piece yesterday).

Insert Witty Signature Here.

They should just call themselves the "Champs". The only thing they'd have to change is the script on the home jerseys. Everything else is either "Vermont" or the V logo with Champ intertwined with it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

any idea what the local sentiment is on name possibilities? anything that a lot of people seem to be pulling for?

When last I heard, Vermont Champs was leading the fan voting by a wide margin.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if team management somehow managed to fluff things up and go with a cumbersome name like the Vermont Lake Monsters or Vermont Green Mountain Boys.

Bottom line? The team should simply rechristen themselves the Vermont Champs. It pays homage to Lake Champlain's supposed Nessie-like lake monster, Champ... and is a fitting name for a sports franchise, as well (i.e. the team conducting itself like a championship organization, striving to bring home the NY-P championship, etc).

I summitted Champs as well as my logo. They are unveiling it at the last home game, and I haven't heard from them. So I'm doubting they would go with my logo. :P

Here's my logo for reference cause I'm a attention whore:

pcgdvtchamps.jpg

I think I've seen them wearing the poweder blue jerseys you speak of at Cenntenial. Though once a year we wear the absolutely lovely tie-die jerseys.

As a Vermonter who has watch the Expos through the bad seasons, and the worse seasons, I can honestly say, that losing the Expos name, won't be such a bad thing. Somehow, the people around here became attached to it, even if it had virtually nothing to do with the team itself. While many seemed happy to go with the Vermont Champs, the Vermont Nationals wasn't too far behind. If we are named the Vermont Nationals, I will never buy tickets again. I'm hoping they name it something local, but I would like to see it become something other than the Champs.

Like....the Zebra Muscles!

I'm glad you submitted your champs set pcgd. Even if it doesn't get submitted, at least I can pass it around at games, and tell people that this is what they could've had.

Archived