If I controlled the NFL

slats7

1. Reintroduce real sleeves. All sleeves must extend at least halfway between your shoulder pad and your elbow. QB's are exempt.

2. No Reebok trademark logos on the outside of the unis.

3. No NFL logo at the base of the jersey collar or on the pants.

4. No team names sewn on the away jerseys. We know who the teams are for Christ's sake.

5. Super Bowl victors will celebrate in the locker room where they belong, not on a platform at midfield. Why football and baseball changed this I have no idea. It sucks, and it's a slap in the face to tradition.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5. Super Bowl victors will celebrate in the locker room where they belong, not on a platform at midfield. Why football and baseball changed this I have no idea. It sucks, and it's a slap in the face to tradition.

I agree! Screw the fans - why should they get to cheer their team on after they win a championship! Fans only pay for 60 minutes of action anyway, why should they get to witness a celebration for free? Win the game, then get the F off the field so we can all just go home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree! Screw the fans - why should they get to cheer their team on after they win a championship! Fans only pay for 60 minutes of action anyway, why should they get to witness a celebration for free? Win the game, then get the F off the field so we can all just go home.

If you guys think that, you are not real football fans! The end celebration is great! Fans should get to witness the celebration, announcements, and get to see the trophy given out! It's awsome! So whatever you guys just let everyone celebrate in the lokker room, without the TRUE fans that don't want to go home because they love the sport, at Super Bowl 34 we were like, the last people to leave!

stlouisrams.jpg

I'm curious if anyone that calls for the return of sleeves played competative football in the last 10 years. The game in the trenches in high school and up is a game of control, any way you can get it. Taht includes grabing any part of of the jersey or pads that you can. Even the small amount of jersey that is availible to grab is more than linemen would like. The primary goal of an offensive lineman is to GRAB the front part of the pads and then drive to where you want.

I realize that "Blah Blah blah from teh 40's never needed that" but the blocking was different in those days. Thats why you don't see forearm pads anymore. Its about controling with the hands and making someone go the way you want.

To me it was much more comfortable having no sleeves than having hte sleeves of the practice jersey or as a freshman having sleeves.

Now I didn't play D-1 football, but I played offensive line for a good high school program and at a Division 3 school in the midwest. I know I would have rolled the sleeves into my pads if I was required to have them.

:notworthy:

All u guys are f****** stupid. Stop whining and just watch. If u hate it some much, DON'T WATCH IT!

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

If you guys think that, you are not real football fans! The end celebration is great! Fans should get to witness the celebration, announcements, and get to see the trophy given out! It's awsome! So whatever you guys just let everyone celebrate in the lokker room, without the TRUE fans that don't want to go home because they love the sport, at Super Bowl 34 we were like, the last people to leave!

I agree with you but I believe that vet was being sarcastic. You know the coolest thing about being at the NCAA hockey championship game last year was watching the celebration.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I guess this is what passes for sarcasm these days. Um, Super Bowl locker room celebrations were the norm from 1967 to 1994. Did anyone argue that the fans were getting screwed then? Of course not. Why should the millions sitting at home have their viewing habits dictated by the a**holes at the game? Give me a break. I readily concede that there's going to be a smattering of on-field celebrating immediately after the game. I'm talking about the TROPHY PRESENTATION. THAT should only happen in the intimacy of the locker room. Period. The asshats in the stands can watch it on the big screen.

P.S. Is there anything more awkward/wrong/disrespectful than the visiting team celebrating on a platform on the losers' infield diamond, as when the Marlins defeated the Yankees two years ago? So .. very .. wrong.

I don't want to offend anyone, but if anyone thought I was being serious.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I guess this is what passes for sarcasm these days. Um, Super Bowl locker room celebrations were the norm from 1967 to 1994. Did anyone argue that the fans were getting screwed then? Of course not. Why should the millions sitting at home have their viewing habits dictated by the a**holes at the game? Give me a break. I readily concede that there's going to be a smattering of on-field celebrating immediately after the game. I'm talking about the TROPHY PRESENTATION. THAT should only happen in the intimacy of the locker room. Period. The asshats in the stands can watch it on the big screen.

P.S. Is there anything more awkward/wrong/disrespectful than the visiting team celebrating on a platform on the losers' infield diamond, as when the Marlins defeated the Yankees two years ago? So .. very .. wrong.

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous argument I've ever seen on this board.

Bravo. :notworthy:

The asshats in the stands can watch it on the big screen.

Nice way to call the fans slats, I will whole heartedly disagree with you. The celebrations are for the players, but the fans are what brings goodness to the game. Without the fans, the players don't get paid the millions in revenue that they do, just remember that.

I have to respectfully disagree here on all counts. Though the sleeves would make my work easier (odds are players wouldn't be taping their jerseys down- that's a pain in the butt to get on/off!), I like uniforms as they are now. I also like the small sponsor logo. Speaking from a fan standpoint as opposed to professional, the celebration has to stay now. The best part of my spontaneous drive from Ann Arbor to Pittsburgh for the AFC Title Game last year was seeing the Pats celebrate on Heinz Field (and getting an AFC Champs hat from the team!). It was awesome to see. Same with getting to see the Pistons presented with the Eastern Conference trophy in person, and the Wings winning the cup in person. Those are things I'll get to tell everyone I saw. As a jersey freak, I like patches, too. Gives me something else to buy. I'm glad the Pats started the trend of putting Champs patches on the jerseys for the opening game.

spikes.jpg

Archived