Ot: playmakers

sc49erfan15

I'd assume that most people on this board watch ESPN (Is there ESPN in Canadaland?) and I'd also assume that if you watch ESPN you've seen the previews for the new series, Playmakers. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for this show. I've never went out of my way to watch a TV series, but I'll definitely be watching this. From a more on-topic standpoint, I'd also like to see what they do with team names and uniforms. The uniforms from the Cougars (light blue team shown in previews) look realistic, hopefully the rest will be too. What does everybody else think about this?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Maybe I watch ESPN too much but I ve seen the commercials so much I can almost go over it word for word.

"Keep it Rollin' Along" What? "Keep it Rolin Along"

Either eway its worth peek, ESPN has done dramatioc TV Mopvie based on fact.

The Bobby Knight Movie staring Brian Denehey sucked

However the Junctions Boys about Bear Bryant was actually pretty good. So we will have to see.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

yes we get espn in canada, but only on sattelite or digital cable...our tsn is basically espn becuase disney owns it and espn. the tsn logo even changed to match the espn logo.

http://www.tsn.ca

anyhoo,

there was a show like this on cbc a few years back about a hockey team behind the scenes, but oi forget the name of it. it was really good.

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

I've got Digital and we dont have access to ESPN.

The hockey show was called "Powerplay" it was about a pro hockey team in Hamilton fighting for survival, they called the team the Hamilton Steelheads... I believe they ended up moving to Houston in the final episode.

I'm looking forward to seeing this Playmakers show, I imagine TSN will pick it up, either that or ESPN Classic Canada will... it's shot at the SkyDome so that peaked my interest.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The hockey show was called "Powerplay" it was about a pro hockey team in Hamilton fighting for survival, they called the team the Hamilton Steelheads... I believe they ended up moving to Houston in the final episode.

To Houston? I guess anything in Houston is better than Hamilton..... *Slowly walks away*

Case in point... the Aeros beating the Bulldogs in the Calder Cup final... :D *picks up the pace*

Goes to show nothing works in Hamilton, huh? *Now running as fast as I can*

I saw, I came, I left.

If I spied the commercial correctly, looks like at least the main team, if not all of them, are wearing Champion uniforms.  BTW, the Cougars uniforms look like the bastard child of the now old Lions unis and the Panthers unis from the USFL.  Then again, maybe that's just me.
starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

If I spied the commercial correctly, looks like at least the main team, if not all of them, are wearing Champion uniforms. BTW, the Cougars uniforms look like the bastard child of the now old Lions unis and the Panthers unis from the USFL. Then again, maybe that's just me.

it's not just you.  i see what you mean, the logo looks like the michigan panther, the blue looks like the same as the lions' blue, and they use that maroon color the panthers used.  imo the lions shoulda used navy or maroon, but taht's whining for another day.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here's a link to one of the better pictures from the ESPN website. The only other team shown in any of the photos looks like SMU from the 80's but with either an eagle or hawk logo instead of the mustang.

Cougars

The Bobby Knight Movie staring Brian Denehey

...was also at least partly, if not completely shot in Winnipeg.

My good friend's cousin plays bball for the UofM Bisons, and played a player on a team playing against Indiana.

PowerPlay was an awesome show. CTV still shows reruns every once in a while. Gordon Pincent is a great actor.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i'd like to see a show about semipro players...you know, teh guys who work all week and then wanna knock the crap out of each other in sandlots, or if lucky, decent high school stadiums...you know, those guys.  but a show depicting millionaires whose work is above in nicer stadiums will suffice for now.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm I the only one here that thinks this shows is a horrible idea, and that the show is going to suck.

No, trust me.  My friends and I rip on this show non-stop.  It looks like "Any Given Sunday: The TV Show" like someone mentioned above.  Nevermind the fact that Any Given Sunday was AWFUL.

That's what this show looks like.  "Any Given Sunday: The Series".  Plus, I swear how many times are they going to run the same ads OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again?  I think the only time I haven't seen them is when the Little League World Series is on.

ESPN is pushing it so hard that they will show it on their new ESPN-HD service.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived