most underated nfl player

MotownMadman11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:notworthy: ah shane lechler is an excellent choice. he had 14 touchbacks(led the league) and 22 punts inside the 20. and by the way for all you brady muthafukas out there he is the most overrated player by far

Yeah, damn, all he did was lead a team to three friggin superbowls in 4 years...i mean other than that he absolutely sucks. i mean take away those three rings, excellent decision making skills, and poise under pressure, he's just like any other quarterback in the league right...

Are you smoking something? Dumb question, based on your screenname (and the fact you chose a punter ) it seems likely. :D

Marijuana. Kills. Brain. Cells.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Anyone who suggested Tom Brady... are you kidding me? The guy's played 4 year's and he's being compared to Joe Montana. That's underrated? Please -- he's not underrated. He's the best QB in football and anybody who knows anything about football acknowledges him for being so.

The most underrated player in the NFL wears #28 for the Jaguars. Fred Taylor.

fred_taylor_240x200.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Anyone who suggested Tom Brady... are you kidding me? The guy's played 4 year's and he's being compared to Joe Montana. That's underrated? Please -- he's not underrated. He's the best QB in football and anybody who knows anything about football acknowledges him for being so.

This is Brady's sixth year, first of all.

Secondly, there are a select few out there who compare him to Montana. There are still a vast majority of people out there who simply say Brady's in the right system and the right time, and that Pats' defense is the reason why he has 3 rings.

Anyone who suggested Tom Brady... are you kidding me?  The guy's played 4 year's and he's being compared to Joe Montana.  That's underrated?  Please -- he's not underrated.  He's the best QB in football and anybody who knows anything about football acknowledges him for being so.

Secondly, there are a select few out there who compare him to Montana. There are still a vast majority of people out there who simply say Brady's in the right system and the right time, and that Pats' defense is the reason why he has 3 rings.

Pardon me for not counting the year in which he had three pass attempts.

A select few? Yeah, right. There's been a ton of Brady/Montana comparisons -- before the Super Bowl, whenever they took a break from talking about T.O., they made those comparisons and mentioned how he could be mentioned among the best all-time if he won the game. That doesn't say 'underrated', to me.

Hell, one of the guys making those comparisons was Bill freakin' Walsh... one of the greatest minds the game has ever seen.

Anyone with a brain mentions him as a top two QB, and he's only second in some minds to a guy who broke an 'unbreakable' record and led one of the most prolific offenses ever.

IUe6Hvh.png

Anyone who suggested Tom Brady... are you kidding me?  The guy's played 4 year's and he's being compared to Joe Montana.  That's underrated?  Please -- he's not underrated.  He's the best QB in football and anybody who knows anything about football acknowledges him for being so.

A select few? Yeah, right. There's been a ton of Brady/Montana comparisons -- before the Super Bowl, whenever they took a break from talking about T.O., they made those comparisons and mentioned how he could be mentioned among the best all-time if he won the game. That doesn't say 'underrated', to me.

Hell, one of the guys making those comparisons was Bill freakin' Walsh... one of the greatest minds the game has ever seen.

Anyone with a brain mentions him as a top two QB, and he's only second in some minds to a guy who broke an 'unbreakable' record and led one of the most prolific offenses ever.

I disagree entirely.

If you ask the majority of NFL fans to name their top QBs in the league, I'd bet you the names Manning, McNabb, Vick, Culpepper and Favre come up more often than Brady.

I disagree entirely.

If you ask the majority of NFL fans to name their top QBs in the league, I'd bet you the names Manning, McNabb, Vick, Culpepper and Favre come up more often than Brady.

I said anyone with a brain! ^_^

Vick, McNabb, and Culpepper are great players -- without a doubt, but I don't think a lot of ex-players or analysts or anybody that truely, truely understands would say they're better than Tom Brady. I hear a lot about Tom Brady and I live in Colorado, so it's not as though his greatness goes unmentioned. In my opinion, Fred Taylor's does more-so than anybody in the league.

Remember, the majority of NFL fans are also idiots that are drawn to the big play potential of a Vick, Culpepper, or McNabb over the boring, for lack of a better term, style of a Brady.

IUe6Hvh.png

Terrell Owens, for sure. Here's a great player who keeps to himself and the media pays absolutely no attention to him.

But seriously, "underrated" is a very flexible term. You can make the case for a lot of players - guys who rarely get talked about in the mainstream media, or guys who do get talked about but who are never placed in a superstar category. It's a pretty tough call to name just one and of course every player is just one breakout game away from shedding the underrated tag and one dog game from picking up the overrated tag.

How's that for refusing to commit???

Domanick Davis, Texans RB

He doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves because he plays for a recent expansion team in relative anonymity but has consistently put up rushing and recieving numbers since he entered the league a few years ago...

QPR%20Sig.png

I will agree that Brady is underrated. You always hear about the Patriot "machine", and how good the team is, and the coach, etc. His name gets mentioned, but he doesn't get the billing that he probably deserves. Yeah, some compare him to Montana, but in a poll of best NFL QB, you'll get more Mannings, McNabbs, Favres(still), Culpepper, etc. Brady is absolutely the real deal, and not just a cog in the machine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ben Graham from the Jets. (Did he survive the cut? :D )

Why yes he did, jr :D...

------------------------------------------------------

back to the thread topic...

I'd have to agree that Tom Brady is underrated...but as underrated as say a (and don't kill me Pats fans, seeing I know how you feel about his team)..Derek Jeter.

He may not put up flashy stats or be among the league leaders, but ALL the guy does is find ways to win.

-----------------------

C-Mart's definitely underrated as well...you never really hear his name when ya talk about the elite RBs in the league, but he's steady and is usually good for about 1000-1500 yds a year.

As for Fred Taylor being underrated....all I have to say is call me when the guy can actually finish a season WITHOUT getting hurt. He's almost as brittle as Correll Buckhalter.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

torry.jpg

I agree. With all the news Owens gets, this guy is actually a great player and teammate. I think "underrated" applies to most Rams players, especially lately. Bruce, Jackson, McDonald and Curtis, Archeletta, and Bulger (most accurate passer in the NFL).

I forgot Lelie of the Broncos.

Archived