Ohio State or Texas

mac

Who's gonna win  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Phew! This is a tough one. I really think it will be a tight, well played game. The homer in me says the Horns will win it because on paper we have the better lines, Then again on paper OSU has better 'flash' players and lightning quick LBs, not to mention a hell of a home field advantage. UT though is typically hard to phaze on the road. They've said as much all week. Plus Mack Brown doesn't seem as shell-shocked as he has been before big games, not really cocky, more like a quiet confidence. It's a nice change

It's really an exciting time to be in Austin (and I'm sure it's tenfold in Columbus) every local news program, paper, you name it has the UT/OSU logo plastered all over it.

Good luck to both teams.

UT 31 OSU 24

newsig.jpg

I gotta go with UT. The OSU quarterback situation concerns me a bit. Though I think OSU is the tougher team, Texas is just better. I think Texas should win by double digits, but we all know what happens when everyone thinks Mack Brown has the more talented team in a big game.

Texas 28, Ohio State 17. Don't worry, UT will find a way to lose to OU again!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The way Oklahoma played last week against TCU makes you wonder about the Red River Shootout down the road.

But, before that game, Texas has to, and will, beat Ohio State tonight. The Longhorn D finds a way to put a cap on Ted Ginn and Vince Young goes off against a good Buckeye D.

Texas wins 27-17.

The way Oklahoma played last week against TCU makes you wonder about the Red River Shootout down the road.

I'm pretty sure as long as Mack is in Austin, the Horns will find a way to lose to OU ... but I'll still be rootin for UT.

6uXNWAo.png

No OSU people huh? I'll give you two keys to the game tonight: Ted Ginn, and A.J. Hawk. Ginn can break the game wide open either returning kicks or punts, as a deep threat or turning a swing pass in for big yards by running around literally everyone. Hawk leading OSU's ridic defense is going to hold Vince Young from having a breakout game on the ground, forcing them to beat OSU with the pass. Close game, OSU 28- Texas 21

No OSU people huh? I'll give you two keys to the game tonight: Ted Ginn, and A.J. Hawk. Ginn can break the game wide open either returning kicks or punts, as a deep threat or turning a swing pass in for big yards by running around literally everyone. Hawk leading OSU's ridic defense is going to hold Vince Young from having a breakout game on the ground, forcing them to beat OSU with the pass. Close game, OSU 28- Texas 21

I graduated at OSU in '99. I'm a homer as much as the next guy, but I am nervous about this game.

I graduated at OSU in '99. I'm a homer as much as the next guy, but I am nervous about this game.

what OSU fan isn't, this is the biggest non michigan game at the horseshoe since Notre Dame came in here in 95.

I don't think texas will score more than twenty points on the buckeye defense, and Ohio State's offense is different than in past years. It is not the same run it up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs and then try to pass your way out of a 3rd and ten like it used to be. It is more explosive with Santonio, Ted Ginn, Gonzalez, Zwick is good and Troy Smith is very Vince Young like. I think the buckeyes score 4 times and win 28-20 in a classic.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

First, I want to send out a huge THANKS to The Fighting Irish and those pesky Iowa State Cyclones. Even though neither game meant anything in the Big 10 it still clears up BCS position for The Buckeyes especially Michigan's loss. Number 2 in the nation is sitting there waiting for us. I think my Buckeyes beat Texas in convincing fashion. Mack Brown tried to downplay this game way too much and that usually backfires (just ask John Cooper.) The Horns are ripe for the taking. I also think both Michigan and Iowa are now primed and ready to ruin our season when they get the chance.

Ohio State 31 (with at least 10 points the direct result of turnovers)

Texas 17

GO BUCKS! :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived