Cowboys throwbacls tonight

brinkeguthrie

Throwbacks or not----blue at home? Sacrilege. From Uni-watch:

''The Cowboys, in fact, are known to harbor such an aversion to their blue jerseys that their opponents occasionally wear white at home just to force the 'Boys to wear blue, a gimmick that Carolina plans to use against Dallas in Week 16 of this season.''

Its acceptable because this look is to jerseys as god is to people. It owns.

Im waiting for an atheist to crack a these jerseys dont exist joke :D

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Cowboys don't wear white at home for fear of some curse. They wear white because the owners early on thought it would be nice to see some different colored jerseys in the stadium. Everybody else who wears their colors at home has their color and white on the field every week. The Cowboys wanted white and another color.

The blue "curse" comes from being forced to wear blue for Super Bowl V, then losing to the Colts in a sloppy game. The Cowboys were forced to wear blue again for the NFC Championship Game in 1980 against the Eagles and lost, and they abandoned the royal blue jerseys. The redesigned navy jerseys aren't considered "cursed" anymore.

Didn't they wear blue "double stars" (not the throwbacks) at home a few years back?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I loved the Redskins throwbacks from a couple of years back. Best. Jerseys. Ever.

Didn't Joe Gibbs say he didn't like them? I thought I heard that somewhere...

(How could you NOT like them?)

Didn't they wear blue "double stars" (not the throwbacks) at home a few years back?

For thanksgiving they did.

I believe that was when the great Ryan Leaf was their starting QB.

It was back in 02 when either Carter or Hutchinson was their QB.

They've worn them more than once on Thanksgiving then.

gold_leaf_112201.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Archived