The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets

tater

I'm pretty sure the Hornets were in the playoffs in 2004. They went 6 or 7 games with the Heat before losing.

You are correct - the Hornets lost to the Heat in seven (it was the 4/5 matchup).

And the Bobcats had terrible attendence last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the case in 03-04, the year before the Bobcats started. This past year the Hornets moved to the western conference, were 18-64 and were horrible. They started the year 2-28.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

everybody's talking about uni's but I wonder what the Ford Center court will look like? Will they have the hornets wordmark, logo, or just oklahoma city with ford center logos?

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

I think Manchester United, Real Madrid & maybe Chelsea might want to argue that title.

Oh, no doubt ManU and Real Madrid are in the mix. The similarities between them and the Yankees are very eerie.

Not to be pedantic but Real Madrid is a member based club. It doesn't have one "owner" as such but rather an elected president. But yes, he deserves to be much hated.

As for Hornet in OKC... I think its nice to see a major league team in a new market, and give the locals a chance to come out and support. No offence to StL or KC but its not like there's a lot of top level professional sports in OK. They even missed out on MLS :wacko:

liverpool-1.png

Stern also likes to be the only game in town: Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Memphis, Orlando, San Antonio, and now Oklahoma City don't have any other teams from the Big 4.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Stern also likes to be the only game in town: Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Memphis, Orlando, San Antonio, and now Oklahoma City don't have any other teams from the Big 4.

I don't fault him for this though, better to be number one in a smaller sports town market than number four in a bigger one. Where has the NHL done better, Atlanta or Columbus? Miami or Calgary? The NBA has also done well in Sacramento and San Antonio in particular.

I think the Hornets will be in OKC full time in a couple years if they draw well. I also think OKC is probably looking at this as their chance to prove they're a big-league city, something they've been desiring for a long time.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

I can safely say that if the Hornets went to OKC full time, very little in N.O. would shed a tear.

I know I won't. The way Shinn is salivating at making money anywhere and not really giving a flying crap about N.O. is really rubbing me the wrong way. Granted, I wasn't a Hornets fan to begin with (I live in Louisiana, Baton Rouge now, but born and raised in Metairie), but his attitude makes me see why folks in Charlotte were more than happy to get rid of him.

I'd be just as angry at Tom Benson if he was calling his team the "New Orleans/San Antonio/Baton Rouge Saints". At least attempt to look like you care about the city, Shinn.

kU6ns.gif

New Orleans has shed so many tears already, the Hornets wouldn't be much of a loss...

I saw an article that said the home uniforms will change to "Hornets" but the roads will stay "New Orleans" and both will have an OKC patch.

OKC really doesn't sound like a major league town though, I guess we'll see how things play out. How big is it?

Archived