MLB Rookie of the Year Picks

yankeeman161

Nick Swisher? Nick Swisher? He's batting like .230, wtf! Hate to break it to you, but Robinson Cano would be a great AL ROY selection. He came into a no-win situation and people were just waiting for him to fail. He's producing in a pressure cooker. However, I gotta go with Swisher's teammate, Huston Street. Dude is lights the hell out! I would also like to give some love to Jesse Crain of Minnesota.

1-Street

2-Cano

3-Crain

In the NL, looks like a two horse race between Jeff Francouer and Willy Taveras, but if Clint Barmes hadn't broken his clavicle and missed 3 months, he would have run away with it. I'd give it to Francouer at this point though.

1-Francouer

2-Taveras

3-Howard

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Gustavo Chacin deserves some love. On a team with a shaky pitching staff all year he's been the staple of stability for the Blue Jays.

Swisher indeed has lived up to the hype this year though, and should win it.

Willy Taveras and his lightning speed has been a tremendous surprise and has been the reason why the Astros haven't missed Carlos Beltran.

Francoeur has been amazing too, but I think Taveras edges him out cause of his glove.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I see Nick Swisher and Willy Tavares the leading candidates - Sure, Howard has 20 homers and sure, Francoeur has a .300 average, but they also only played half a season. Besides, Howard played last year, he's not eligible.

Ryan Howard played 19 games last year and registered 39 at bats. Your boy, Swisher, played in 20 games and had 60 at bats. Kinda fux up that argument, huh?

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hmmm Im not srure he need a better record and a better ERA Ill look closer next week but I think Chacin just falls short its a good class this year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If the season had ended on July 31, then Chacin would've easily won the AL ROY. However, when you consider that Gus has won just one game since then (he's 1-4 in his last 10 starts), he's kinda fallen off the ROY radar. Though he's kept his ERA in the 3s (never higher than 3.81) and has performed very well, he just doesn't have enough wins and hasn't been able to continue his high level of play in the dog days and beyond to grab this award. He'll get votes, but I see him finishing 3rd.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Can someone please explain to me how a guy batting .230 can be the Rookie of the Year? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Can someone please explain to me how a guy batting .230 can be the Rookie of the Year? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

If an AL pitcher, who has a batting average of .000, can win the ROY award, a guy batting .230 can too.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Frankie is a run-away ROTY. I think he could conceivably get MVP votes. I predict he will be a playoff series MVP. NL series anyone?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Can someone please explain to me how a guy batting .230 can be the Rookie of the Year?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?

If an AL pitcher, who has a batting average of .000, can win the ROY award, a guy batting .230 can too.

I hope you were kidding...how is that logical?

Can someone please explain to me how a guy batting .230 can be the Rookie of the Year?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Anyone?

I hope you were kidding...how is that logical?

How is it not?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Guys, for the love of God compose yourselves here. You're all getting a little looney. I am a diehard Sox fan and at times brash and irational, but you people are trying to tell me Cano doesn't win this thing??? Not only is Cano batting .295 for the season, but he's batting an ungodly .393 in September in the middle of a penant race, which is alot more, than these other guys can say. He's the starting second baseman of one of the 3 most heavily scrutinized teams in baseball. Pressure is always on. I hate the fluffing Yankees, but I'm not stupid. Cano wins.

I don't see how you could pick Francouer over Howard without being ignorant. Francouer is simply media hype. He got off to a great start at the plate and in the outfield. But in September alone, his average has dropped 34 points. When the Phillies played the Braves, Francouer had 1 RBI in 7 games, misjudged 3-4 balls in Rightfield, and made some poor throws as well. Meanwhile, Howard has hit a MLB rookie record 10 home runs in September. One of them being a 10th inning grand slam to beat Francouers Braves. In just 55 more at-bats, Howard has 7 more homeruns, 13 more RBI, and 10 more runs scored.

Tavares on the other hand has been critical for Houston all season. I would not be upset if he got it.

Howard1.jpg

Archived