Northwestern jersey numbers

oddball

I happened to be watching the Northwestern-Penn State game (Why do teams play prevent defense? Either play normal or you could drop everyone back into coverage especially with 4th and 10 plus... but enough with my opinions!), I noticed the numbers on Northwestern's jerseys are the same as the Toronto Blue Jays. Has anyone else noticed this?

I watched some of that game and did not notice. The think I always notice about Northwestern lately is that the "N" is WAY to high on their helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Good to see I wasn't the only one annoyed by the placement of their helmet logo.

My favorite cross-sport number font example is a local high school football team that used single-color Colorado Avalanche numbers.

When I played in Middle School we had the colorado Avalanche font, Everyone else picked their favorite number. I picked the number I thought looked coolest with that particular font, 43. :D

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Crillee is actually as stock font used by Adidas/Betlin on their football uniforms.

Arizona State used the same font just a couple of years ago when they were with Adidas.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yes, the N on their helmet has been like that for a while now.

I have NO idea why they do it like that. I imagine they are up to the equipment manager who applies the decal.

The guy who was a the Michigan EM (michigan dave) for a while may be able to shed some light on this...

Northwestern's jersey numbers are in a new font this season. The last few seasons the numbers were thinner and more like cursive... and much harder to read! So this season's font is an improvement. I'm still not sold on this look though. I prefer the black and purple from the 90's.

That's interesting about the helmet logo. I hadn't noticed that.

Archived