America West Arena

JBPerry

Another name change likely is in the works for neighboring America West Arena, because the sponsor airline will become US Airways.

Suns President Rick Welts said talks are ongoing with the airline about changing the name.

"I think it will heat up quickly after the merger is complete," Welts said.

remember, US Airways and America West merged and took the US Airways name. I don't have any logos but if anybody wants to give it a try go ahead. Here's an idea using the US Airways fonts & logo. C&C appreciated.

US_Airways_Arena.jpg

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THE USAIRWAYS AMERICA WEST ARENA OF ANAHEIM!! NOBODY THOUGHT OF THAT

You got it all wrong. Its the Los Angeles US Airways America West Arena of Anaheim in Phoenix.

How about renaming it the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too of Anaheim in Phoenix???? :D

Actually, it should be called the USAirways Center to avoid confusion with the old USAirways Arena in Landover, MD. I can recall the same confusion that happened not long ago when there were 2 Compaq Centers, one in Houston, TX (previously known as The Summit Arena), and one in San Jose, CA (previously known as the San Jose Arena). In fact, the Compaq Center in Houston is now a new Lakewood Church and the other one in San Jose is now called the HP Pavillion to accommodate Compaq's merger with Hewlett-Packard.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Why not just go with US Air-Ena? Cheesy yes, but unique... :rolleyes:

OOOOH! POST #1666 !!! :devil::devil::devil:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Why not just go with US Air-Ena? Cheesy yes, but unique... :rolleyes:

OOOOH! POST #1666 !!! :devil::devil::devil:

This guy loves that name.

082404-ENA.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This guy loves that name.

082404-ENA.jpg

LOL.

IMPULSE REACTION: "Hmm... a picture of Mamula - but it can't be him, his d*** isn't sticking out of his pants. And he looks like he is involved in making a play. And he's not drunk. And he's on an NFL playing field."

Then I got it... Nice stuff.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Actually, it should be called the USAirways Center to avoid confusion with the old USAirways Arena in Landover, MD. I can recall the same confusion that happened not long ago when there were 2 Compaq Centers, one in Houston, TX (previously known as The Summit Arena), and one in San Jose, CA (previously known as the San Jose Arena). In fact, the Compaq Center in Houston is now a new Lakewood Church and the other one in San Jose is now called the HP Pavillion to accommodate Compaq's merger with Hewlett-Packard.

The Sharks should have kept the Cow Palace!

The Sharks should have kept the Cow Palace!

Great name, substandard facility. The place wasn't NHL sized.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

Archived