This is a first

PackerBadger

From the Milwaukee Business Journal:

Brewers, Admirals reach marketing deal

The Milwaukee Admirals and Milwaukee Brewers have agreed to a corporate partnership deal for the 2005-06 season that will include the Brewers' logo on the hockey team's uniforms.

Under the deal announced Wednesday, the Brewers will be the official jersey sponsor of the Admirals uniforms and will have a logo on the uniforms for all regular season games, along with all playoff games. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Also included in the deal is dasherboard advertising for the Brewers in the Bradley Center, along with an advertisement in the Admirals' program and radio ads during the Admirals' game broadcasts.

"This concept is unique within professional sports and a great opportunity for both the Brewers and the Admirals to share our branding throughout the country," said Admirals president Jon Greenberg.

The deal is believed to be the first time a team from one of the four major professional sports has been the official jersey sponsor for another professional sports franchise.

"This is a creative opportunity to market the Brewers through an initiative that is new to the industry," said Rick Schlesinger, Brewers executive vice president of business operations. "We already have very strong synergies with the Admirals and we see this as an extension of our efforts to work together to benefit both organizations."

The Admirals ownership includes Milwaukee real estate investor Harris Turer, who is also part of the ownership group of the Brewers, along with Brewers assistant general manager Gord Ash and pitcher Ben Sheets.

Packers-2.png

Hey, it's better than the patches that say Wendy's or Blue Cross or something. If an AHL team is going to have a sponsor patch it might as well be from a real team.

I agree.

Basically AHL teams all have a sponsor patch. For the Admirals, their sponsor is the Brewers. It could be worse.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

All this will do is cause fans to say: "Why is the Brewers logo on the Admirals jersey? Aren't they a baseball team? ...

"And where's the ball-in-glove thingy? I thought that was their logo."

OK. Maybe not that last part.

Who knows? Since they're bringing it back as an alternate next season, that might well be the logo they put on the jersey. :D

It would have the additional benefit of selling more Admirals merchandise....

Right, because I'm sure people will buy a hockey jersey specifically because it has a baseball logo as its sponsor patch. Riiiight. Goth, did you drop acid in the 70s and never came out of it?

Anyway, this is weird. But, I expect the reaction to be "What's that sponsor logo supposed to be? Oh... wait, we have a baseball team here?"

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Right, because I'm sure people will buy a hockey jersey specifically because it has a baseball logo as its sponsor patch.  Riiiight.  Goth, did you drop acid in the 70s and never came out of it?

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the merchandise-buying habits of the good people of the Cream City, my Norwich-loving friend.... :D

oddly enough, I'd done an Astros TATC jersey using cross-promotion from the Texans and UH (this was a couple years ago, and I no longer have it around). folks thought it was too crazy to actually happen...but it has begun.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

All this will do is cause fans to say: "Why is the Brewers logo on the Admirals jersey? Aren't they a baseball team? ...

"And where's the ball-in-glove thingy? I thought that was their logo."

OK. Maybe not that last part.

Who knows? Since they're bringing it back as an alternate next season, that might well be the logo they put on the jersey. :D

It would have the additional benefit of selling more Admirals merchandise....

You're forgetting one thing, Gothamite. As far as I know, you can't buy replica AHL jerseys with the sponsor's patch. I don't even think you can buy the sponsor's patch seperately. As for authentics, I've never seen them being sold by any AHL club, so you can rule that out as well.

QPR%20Sig.png

you know what's going to be hilarious?

when preston north end have the manchester united badge as their kit sponsor...

you know it'll happen one day.  B)

I think the Preston fans would run over and burn down Old Trafford if that happened

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You're forgetting one thing, Gothamite. As far as I know, you can't buy replica AHL jerseys with the sponsor's patch. I don't even think you can buy the sponsor's patch seperately. As for authentics, I've never seen them being sold by any AHL club, so you can rule that out as well.

I think you're absolutely right, and I gladly stand corrected.

Bought too many Premiership shirts lately, I guess, with the sponsor's logo on them....

Archived