NHL Night 1

jkrdevil

But what about the Predators 1-0-0 so far this season. :woot:

Well ya know every dog has his day! B)

JK. Kariya should make a big difference there.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I thought it was pretty good, Ovechkin had fierce check in the first period that dislodged a support beam, nd 2 goals in the second. The two-line pass is good for the game, my favourite Cap, Halpern, got 3 assists in a 3-2 win.

Now if only they'd go back to the blue eagle sweater instead of the black monstrosity, it'd have been a perfect game.

Now if only they'd go back to the blue eagle sweater instead of the black monstrosity, it'd have been a perfect game.

bigemo_harabe_net-117.gif

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not doubting his ability. But there is much tougher competition in the East than the Pens. Trust me, he'd be the first person I'd pick to start in goal but it's a long season and if he keeps facing 35+ shots a game, it's going to get tiring. Also, the Devils need to tighten up on discipline if they want to survive. Pittsburgh spent the equivalent of an entire period (21:35) on the power play tonight. I don't care who you are, that's going to catch up with you.

I know I'll be accused of blatant homerism, but I don't think there are going to be too many teams better than the Penguins on the power play in the East, and Brodeur turned them away shot after shot. He was unreal. I think the Devils (generally one of the more disciplined teams in the NHL) will tighten up and I don't think you'll see many teams spend an entire period on the power play against them this year.

I loved it, I saw several examples of the two line pass, tag up offsides in the Blue Jackets-Caps game but saw no instances of the goalie being restricted by the "trap". The two line pass rule is great, several scoring chances and the blue jackets first goal came off of a two line pass that two years ago would have been wistled dead.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Anyone notice that the Niedermayer brothers don't have their first initials on the back of their sweaters like the Sedin brothers do? I actually like it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

So I went to the Canes-Penguins game last night and got to see the almighty Sid Crosby in action... the poor kid looked lost. I imagine once he settles down he'll be able to develop, but for now, he looks like he's trying entirely too hard to get that first goal. I don't think he passed once the who game. Every time he touched the puck, he either held onto it until he took teh shot or got checked and lost it.

Oh...After seeing it in action, I still hate the shootout.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

So I went to the Canes-Penguins game last night and got to see the almighty Sid Crosby in action... the poor kid looked lost. I imagine once he settles down he'll be able to develop, but for now, he looks like he's trying entirely too hard to get that first goal. I don't think he passed once the who game. Every time he touched the puck, he either held onto it until he took teh shot or got checked and lost it.

Oh...After seeing it in action, I still hate the shootout.

"Darryl" got his first goal tonight...Super Mario netted 2 goals himself...and the Pens STILL lost! Man, it's going to be a loooooong season in Pittsburgh.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived