Oregon Football Jerseys

slapshot

I have a question about Oregon's football jerseys, one that I haven't been able to answer through online investigating.

From the point of the neck up to the top of the shoulders (where it reads "Oregon" on each side) is some type of grid pattern. It must be sublimated into the fabric, because it's barely visible. Hopefully, it's visible here:

15304811_z.jpg

Does this pattern continue to the back of the jersey, or is it just on the front?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You'd probably need a duck fan to give you a definitive answer, but I believe it stops after the Oregon script:

Link

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Ye gods and little fishes, every time I see one of those things it's more hideous than the last.

My uncle, who is a huge Ducks fan but not terribly prone to notice or care much about the uniforms, reckons that they chose those things to get as much attention as possible for the school and for Nike - the uglier, the more attention.

Ye gods and little fishes, every time I see one of those things it's more hideous than the last.

My uncle, who is a huge Ducks fan but not terribly prone to notice or care much about the uniforms, reckons that they chose those things to get as much attention as possible for the school and for Nike - the uglier, the more attention.

Then their goal is achieved, because you're all talking about it, whether you like them or not. I, for one, kinda like the uniforms (and not just to be contrary to you, Gothamite :P).

QPR%20Sig.png

The Oregon uniforms are really growing on me. I'm mainly starting to like how they look off the field. They aren't as ugly as you may think, in fact the home greens are a step up from the green and black (?) plus big yellow striping things that Joey Harrington wore:

joey-clones-640.jpg

I get to see the white ones in person when the ducks come to wazzu and let me tell you they are pretty nice. Extremely simple with zero piping whatsoever. Extremely rare for Nike. The whole webbing on the shoulders is innovative too.

ULQQNDAPPZAJXFM.20050902012518.jpg

If I were a UO fan, I would buy both a green one and a yellow one. And don't forget one of the best number fonts in sports. These uniforms are ugly as heck in action most of the time, but you can't deny they are unique and would probably look awesome on a fan.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I really like Oregon's look now that the home uniform is black-free, and they've made the numbers on the away jersey green instead of black. Where there is yellow on the home jersey, though, I might like to see green on the away, like the sleeves and pants stripes. It would basically be a white version of the yellow jersey. Do they still rock black facemasks, or are those green now, too?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Being as how I'm a die-hard Beaver Believer (ORANGE EXPRESS, BABY!!!) it would be my natural inclination to say that anything regarding the U of 0 stinks. But I'm not going to say or do that. I LOVE the lightning yellow jersey and uniform. LOVE IT. The home green is decent. They got rid of the black, ER... dark green ( :rolleyes: ) so it's much better now. But I HATE with a passion the fugly road whites. I swear they look like practice jerseys. I half expect the QB to be wearing a red bib so the defense doesn't hit him. If the white unis had green striping designed like the other sets, they would be ok.

I do have to give kudos to the Ducks for wearing white tops and green pants in their last road game. At least it looked moderately professional...

Bottom line is that the Beavers alt orange jerseys (which I think are merely a fashion jersey) kicks ALL tookus.

dorkboy.gif

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

here in eugene, they still refer to those "black" jerseys as "dark green". after the countless times ive seen them in person and in print, i say theyre black. they do have a very dark green facemask. i really hate the new stuff. i think its bs that a college changes their colors. it really is the ultimate tradition. beyond nickname,beyond players. its like a family crest, or a tartan pattern. i posted news a while back that there were grumblings here about dropping nike since the school passed an ammendment to only work with companies with a solid human rights record, which nike didnt. sticky though, since phil knight donates a ton of money to the school and athletic dept.

Archived