Rangers' "Thank You"

jkrdevil

Okay I'm wathcing the TSN telecast of the Rangers-Habs game over the internet. Right before the game started they showed a clip of Kevin Weekes in what I assume was pre-game warmups. Weekes' jersey read "Thank You" instead of the regular "Rangers". I only saw it for a second. Can someone confirm that the Rangers wore "Thank You" jersey's in warmups?

Apparantly, the first period jerseys are up for auction to benefit for Hurricane Katrina, some I know wore them for warmups as well, could this be it?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The Rangers wore the Thank-you jerseys just for the warm-up. After that, they wore the Katrina patched jerseys for the first, and their regular blueshirts for the rest of the game.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

maybe there wearing "Thank You" warmups because they're getting rid of Kenny Rogers

:lol::lol::lol:

Things have been downhill for the blue-shirts ever since they got rid of Pudge.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

All the Rangers wore those jerseys for warm-ups.

Then, before the game, each player signed & gave the jerseys to selected Season-Ticket holders.

It was a "Thank You" to the fans.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That's one lame idea the Rangers thought up there. It'd be better to just have like a "Thank You" patch or banner in the arena, rather than making whole new jerseys, which look ridonkulous.

THey wore them for warm ups and gave them to the fans.. how is that lame?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That's one lame idea the Rangers thought up there. It'd be better to just have like a "Thank You" patch or banner in the arena, rather than making whole new jerseys, which look ridonkulous.

THey wore them for warm ups and gave them to the fans.. how is that lame?

It's kinda lame cause with the Thank Yous and the Katrinas and the regular gamers the players are making like supermodels at a runway show with all the change outs.

fade.gif

All the Rangers wore those jerseys for warm-ups.

Then, before the game, each player signed & gave the jerseys to selected Season-Ticket holders.

It was a "Thank You" to the fans.

selected Season-Ticket holders

Now there is a group that really deserves "Thank You Fans" jerseys. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Like JQK said...how is this lame?

As a warmup, this was a pretty cool idea...plop, I'll give the Rangers a bit of credit for doing something a bit different for the home opener.

Remember, they did bust out a "NEW YORK" version of this for the home opener in 01-02 after 9-11...and amazingly, they got the Sabres to follow suit with THEIR take of a "NEW YORK" jersey as well...

But, I guess THAT was "ridiculous" too :rolleyes:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived