Maccabi Tel Aviv concept

Starchild

Just did some fixin' and cleanin' up of the home uniform, and added a road uni as well.

In case people don't remember the original or are too lazy to check old threads (I understand), the purpose of revamping the Israeli league is to almost give them NBA-esque identities. With Maccabi Tel Aviv, they're essentially the Lakers of Israel... so I constructed their jerseys/logos as such, but all the while keeping it's independence as an Israeli franchise and not just some Israeli offshoot of the Lake Show.

EDIT: Wordmark on front: TEL AVIV (in Hebrew of course); Name on back: PARKER (Anthony Parker)

MaccabiTelAvivFinalConcept.jpg

Feedback/Suggestions appreciated as always.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Nice...

Is this a real team or fantasy. If fantasy, since it's for an Isreali team, I would've gone with a two-blue or blue-and-silver color scheme.

Other than that, this is one to drool over. :P

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It's a real team... and the primary blue and bright-bright yellow are the actual colors of the Maccabi Tel Aviv franchise (basketball as well as soccer). When I revamp the Israeli teams I'm keeping their color schemes... probably should've mentioned that for people who aren't familiar.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

who's next up starbury? i'm anxious to see :hockeysmiley:

I'm surprised I don't see more Laker ripoffs, to be honest (the only straight copies I know of are worn by D3 UW Stevens Point, right down to "Pointers" in Laker lettering). sort of reminds me of what the Blues might look like if they crossed over to basketball. I can dig it, homes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

im having a hard time reading what the jersey say.

Did you actually read Starchild's text above the concept...he explained EVERYTHING...

Dude, that set is nice! Since you're going Lakers-esque, how about a yellow set too? :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As a reader of Hebrew, It says, Maccabi Tel Aviv-- In english, maccabi means hammer, and Tel Aviv translates to "Spring Hill"

(I was one of those losers who paid attention in religious class)

Also-- on the second alt logo, the Alef and Tav should be placed from top right to bottom left, not vice versa: Hebrew, as you know, reads from right to left

As a reader of Hebrew, It says, Maccabi Tel Aviv-- In english, maccabi means hammer, and Tel Aviv translates to "Spring Hill"

(I was one of those losers who paid attention in religious class)

Also-- on the second alt logo, the Alef and Tav should be placed from top right to bottom left, not vice versa: Hebrew, as you know, reads from right to left

Spring Hill Hammers? I like it!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah, I know... when I originally worked on that logo (sometime last year) I did it correctly, but I felt it looked better from the left side of the magen david. I pitched it to my father and some relatives to see if it made sense, and they all seemed to agree. As long as the tav came before the alef people were cool with it. The fact that it reads from top-to-bottom keeps the order of the lettering... the tav should of course be read first, but if its not on the right, as long as its on top of the alef and read first it worked.

Aside from that, thanx for the comments thus far!

nice set

the funny thing about basketball in israel is that like half the teams there are called maccabi. college, high schools, all the way around. Its like Wildcats in America but 10 times worse.

For anyone who cares... the reason its so popular is because of Judah Maccabi, who led a small band of soldiers in battle.. story of hanukah.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

For anyone who cares... the reason its so popular is because of Judah Maccabi, who led a small band of soldiers in battle.. story of hanukah.

freeing your country and people from forighn opressors tends to make you very popular :P

freeing your country and people from forighn opressors tends to make you very popular :P

yea thats what they've been telling me :P

and the jerseys are crisp, and classic, almost to the point of bland, but not quite there

bringing this up because..

MaccabiTel-Aviv

Sad.

Gonna be another long year for Raptors fans, no? ^_^

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from its three-year slumber (okay, not really), but I actually have some bump-worthy additions to contribute to the thread.

Long story short, got this set (with some minor edits) actually made into a real jersey.

Here is the mockup of the edits, major changes are removal of blue stroke around wordmark and numbers, change from Hebrew into English for the player name (my last name and number) and changed the number font to the Dallas Mavericks style (decided on that just to give myself some extra safety netting for the customizers, something easier then what I originally had, if only because the number sheets actually exist. Didn't know if it was a big deal or not. Whatever.)

Maccabi_CustomSet.jpg

And so with that, here are the fresh-from-the-packaging jersey and shorts (home whites only):

Front1.jpg

Front2.jpg

Back.jpg

Archived