Stupid Rookie Niners QB

brinkeguthrie

Alex Smith. a super bright guy in Utah. Had like a 5.0 GPA or something silly.

Here's his reasoning for FUMBLING THE BALL THREE TIMES.

Honest. He said this.

"I don't think (I got) rattled," said Smith, who provided a rather original excuse for his fumble problems. "Obviously, we don't get to choose the game balls. We're on the road. The air's a little different."

AIR IS AIR, YOU TWERP! AIR IS AIR. UNLESS YOU ARE MICHAEL JORDAN. AND YOU ARE NOT!!!

WOULD JOE MONTANA OR STEVE YOUNG HAVE SAID THIS? EVEN...ELVIS GRBAC OR JIM DRUCKENMILLER?

No. They would not have.

When do the Giants start playing?

He'll be fine...everyone struggles as a rookie, except Ben Roethlisberger. I don't think he was worthy of the overall #1 pick, but it's a bit too early to call him a bust, don't you think?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

He'll be fine...everyone struggles as a rookie, except Ben Roethlisberger. I don't think he was worthy of the overall #1 pick, but it's a bit too early to call him a bust, don't you think?

two words:

ryan leaf :cursing:

it's never to early to call someone a bust.

Since we're talking about blowouts...

Papa John's has a deal with the Redskins where you can get one free topping for every touchdown the Redskins score.

Yesterday the 'Skins scored 7 TD's

The other part of the deal is that if the 'Skins win you can get twice as many free toppings.

That's 14 free toppings.

So if you ever wondered what a

Mushroom-pepperoni-pineapple-green pepper-red pepper-anchovie-sausage-ham-spinach-olive-chicken-bacon-pork pizza with extra cheese tasted like you might want to hit a D.C. Papa John's.

No I don't work at Papa John's or have any affiliation with them.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Alex Smith will suck in the NFL. The 49ers are wasting alot of time and money on this loser. The 49ers should have dealt for Eli last year.

Way to crush a guy after his second start.

Remember, Eli didn't win until the very last game last year. Plenty of people were killing him just like they're killing Smith, only Eli had more talent around him.

It is going to take a while. Alex will not be fantastic right away. But over the years, with some key pieces put in place, he will turn the corner and be a good NFL quarterback.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Since we're talking about blowouts...

Papa John's has a deal with the Redskins where you can get one free topping for every touchdown the Redskins score.

Yesterday the 'Skins scored 7 TD's

The other part of the deal is that if the 'Skins win you can get twice as many free toppings.

That's 14 free toppings.

So if you ever wondered what a

Mushroom-pepperoni-pineapple-green pepper-red pepper-anchovie-sausage-ham-spinach-olive-chicken-bacon-pork pizza with extra cheese tasted like you might want to hit a D.C. Papa John's.

No I don't work at Papa John's or have any affiliation with them.

Me and my friends used that deal to its fullest extent :D

Alex Smith will suck in the NFL.  The 49ers are wasting alot of time and money on this loser.  The 49ers should have dealt for Eli last year.

Way to crush a guy after his second start.

Remember, Eli didn't win until the very last game last year. Plenty of people were killing him just like they're killing Smith, only Eli had more talent around him.

It is going to take a while. Alex will not be fantastic right away. But over the years, with some key pieces put in place, he will turn the corner and be a good NFL quarterback.

Exactly, give the guy time. We seem to forget that some QB's need time to develop. Some better than others. For every Ryan Leaf, there is a Peyton Manning. For every David Carr there is a Carson Palmer.

Maybe in three years you can make a godd assumption as to how Alex Smith is doing. Remember, like JQK said, the Niners just don't have the talent. I don't know if Alex Smith will be a good NFL quarterback right now, but at least I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

I saw, I came, I left.

I hope Alex Smith does well, and I don't really care much about the 49ers.

But it's getting easier to lose patience with these young franchise quarterbacks these days.

You can attribute that to guys like Joey Harrington and Tim Couch.

Those guys who got chance after chance to succeed and both have been underwhelming. I still think Harrington could turn out to be good. I don't know why. It's just a hunch.

David Carr's crappy offensive line has spared him from similar criticism. And Byron Leftwich is a five interception game away from joining this crowd. There's probably others, but they're escaping me.

My comment wasn't if he will be a good QB. He may very well be, and you cannot judge him on two games, even in the win-now NFL.

I mentioned what a totally stupid thing it was to say the reason he fumbled was that they were on the road and they had different air in the footballs.

Well, sure! THAT explains it!

I actually personally know Tim Rattay and I will tell ya one thing, he is THRILLED that he got benched and then sent to the Bucs...I think Tim is a VERY underated QB that simply had NO talent around him...hopefully he will be able to show a lil more what he is made of in Tampa

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived