CFL fan wins $1 million

DEAD!

I saw him try from closer distances. Every kick was plenty long enough, they just kept hooking to the right. Dosen't matter though, he made the one that counts. I imagine if he wasn't prohibited to practice for a few weeks ahead of time he might have made all of them.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

It may be in Canadian Dollars, but we don't have any 'Prize Tax" so the whole Million is his

CC, i tuned in once it was done, I though the commentators said he won the TV/Home Theater as well, which was the prize just below the million

It may be in Canadian Dollars, but we don't have any 'Prize Tax" so the whole Million is his

CC, i tuned in once it was done, I though the commentators said he won the TV/Home Theater as well, which was the prize just below the million

Way to go, Brian. That was one heck of a kick.

Troy Westwood, you've been warned.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm thinking the Lions should sign him...

Or the Riders...

You realize he made mroe for one kick than any CFL kicker will make this season--and then some.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Paul McCallum is shaking in his boots right now, I tell you. Now, if Brian knows how to kick a ball through his own endzone to give up a safety instead of a TD, the Riders are set. :lol:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Or the Riders...

You realize he made mroe for one kick than any CFL kicker will make this season--and then some.

I'm thinking it's more than most kickers make in their entire CFL careers...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Or the Riders...

I'm thinking it's more than most kickers make in their entire CFL careers...

In many cases yes--so I just put, "and then some"--because if they play long enough they'll make it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

guess what i just heard on the radio! this guy didn't win $1million dollars! he 25,000 dollars for the next 40 years! I'm not kidding I will try and find a link to this. Wendy's is a joke!

...which, ignoring the time value of money, adds up to exactly one million dollars.

He knew the terms of the deal before he kicked the ball. I understand how some people would be upset, but if he knew what he was getting himself into, I don't see what the uproar would be about.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

How could anyone be upset? It's more money than the guy had BEFORE the kick. Hell, I would love to have someone give me a guaran-damn-teed 25 grand for the next 40 years.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Or the Riders...

I read in the Edmonton Journal on Sunday that the Blue Bombers have actually added this guy to their negotiation list.

is that a joke?

Not unless the Journal and TSN got duped as well: TSN.ca

WINNIPEG (CP) - Brian Diesbourg is now the property of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

The mechanical engineer from Belle River, Ont., made famous when he drilled a 50-yard field goal Thursday night to win $1 million, has been signed to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' negotiation list, the Winnipeg Sun reported.

''The guy made a 50-yard kick under very, very serious circumstances,'' said GM Brendan Taman, who wouldn't confirm the transaction.

The 25-year-old Diesbourg booted the memorable field goal during Wendy's Kick for a Million promotion at halftime of Thursday's Toronto-Hamilton game at Rogers Centre.

Diesbourg, who barely missed field goals from 20, 30 and 40 yards prior to the 50-yard bomb, told the media Thursday that he wouldn't rule out giving the CFL a shot.

Taman is known for putting long shots and odd balls on his neg list, including wrestler Brock Lesnar, sprinter Donovan Bailey and NFLers Kordell Stewart and Deion Sanders.

''You never know where you can find talent,'' Taman said.

Archived