Knights Logo Concepts

Phil

To go above and beyond my usual fair of not having a sport in mind, I didn't even have a location in mind when I designed the following.

Knights%20Primary%20Logo.gif

Knights Primary Logo

This pose is very similar to the pose of an earlier concept of mine, the Los Angeles Cavalry (designed for a Webdav Challenge back in the day).

That being said, no elements were shared between the two, and the stylistic execution I believe is significantly different. A large part of that can be attributed to the lack of using any reference images when designing this logo. I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing this, but it does force you to focus on the important features (the ones that naturally stick into your mind) and helps eliminate detail that isn't necessarily required to convey the idea.

Knights%20Secondary%20Logo.gif

Knights Secondary Logo

This isn't anything groundbreaking (a general comparison could be made to the Troy State Trojans), but I thought with the complex primary, a fairly straightforward secondary/wordmark logo isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Comments? Critiques? Questions? Suggestions?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Great work SyPhi - I like that the horse & knight's helmet have the same 'eye' opening. The secondary logo is very good.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Now, as a person who is challenged in making ANY sort of logo, I try to never dole out criticism as I would not be able to do a project such as this.

So my comment is...they both look good, but the secondary logo reminds me very much of the Titans logo I've seen.

I do like the primary but the back hind leg that is all black looks like something is missing. I am not sure what..but something.

The primary seems like it needs something in the background to me. Like maybe the letter of the city, sort of like the old Denver Broncos logo. Or maybe repeat the shield or something. It looks great though, there isn't anything I would change. I'd just play around with putting something behind the horsey.

That's a great, great idea Sy, and I really like the unique style. There are a few points that could be tightened up, but it really succeeds on all levels. Good use of color, as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A Great logo and concept SyPhi. I like the generic base of knight use. Of course i love anything medieval. :rolleyes:

OVERALL SCORE:10

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Great stuff, Sy. As usual. I could see Rutgers adopting something like this if a pro team didn't get it first.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived