REDSKINS UNIFORMS

bricknivy

I think the Skins outa make their helmet and jersey/pants striping consistant, but otherwise it's great.

I'd probably put a thin gap between the stripes on the jerseys and pants, and I would slightly close (not all the way) the gap between the stripes on the helmet. Then I would either seperate the outline on the numbers or remove it all together. Then they would definatley be near perfect.

As they are now, they are just pretty darn good.

I do like the throwback colors and basic style (the lack of consistancy on them was 100x what what it is on the currents, and it killed me), but they don't really need that to replace what they've got.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on a somewhat related note, the 49ers have yet to wear thier white jerseys so far this regular season.

that will probably change this sunday when they play in Chicago though.

They'll certainly wear them in St. Louis, too. I don't believe the Rams have ever worn white at home duing their 10+ years here. Not even in exhibition play.

While I love the Redskins Whites, I have to see I do kind of miss seeing the Burgundies out on the field, as the burgundy jersey/gold pants combinations is so sweet. And the 'Skins current look, while it may be from the '80s is a classic look, and it is a look that won 3 super bowls...

OF course I'm sat here in an authentic Arrington Burgundy Jersey witrh a Skins sideline cap, so I may be a touch biased.

To me, the current Redskins uniforms are very boring. The best helmet they ever had - by far! - was the center feather stripe starting at the top center and going down the back of the helmet (which was burgundy). This was worn in the early 1960s until about 1964 whwn they replaced it with the popular spear logo.

I think this was the best logo helmet ever worn in the NFL!!

With plain burgundy jerseys and plain gold (not yellow) pants - no stripes on either- (like the old Boston then Washington Redskins teams) the Redskins would have one of the best looking uniform sets in the NFL if they brought back that helmet!!

The Redskins are in Tampa this week, and the Bucs have yet to make their late-season switch to red at home this year--so this may be the week the Skins have to pull the Burgandy kits out of the closet.

On a bit of a side note--if this is the case--it will mark the second time this year the Bucs wearing of white at home forced a team out of white the only time of the year. When the Dolphins made the short trip up I-75 last month, they wore Aqua for the first, and probably last time this season.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Here's redskin perfection:

This helmet

NFL_Redskins_OLD2.gif

This jersey

90171-xl.jpg

and the gold pants, voila!

19ej.jpg

I don't know if anybody noticed, but they wore the spear on the left side of the pants and the 70th Anniversary logo on the right:

28cf.jpg

It looks like Football Uniforms Past and Present might have missed it:

37qw.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Chicago Shawn...noticed God and Bruschi slappin hands on your recent post and I have a question...why does God have a right hand on his left arm???

Just wonderin'

Are you questioning God? *moves to avoid lightning strike*

Those are the finest Redskins uniforms out there. As much as I like what they wear now, the throwbacks would be a considerable upgrade, gold pants, striped socks, spear and all.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And the 'Skins current look, while it may be from the '80s is a classic look, and it is a look that won 3 super bowls...

That's the key. I have fond memories of John Riggins in the white jersey breaking tackle off the left side and winning Super Bowl XVII.

I do prefer the "spear" helmet. Or at least modify the current helmet to eliminate the gold/white circles and redundant second set of feathers. The man on the helmet already has them in his hair.

Bill813.png

Chicago Shawn...noticed God and Bruschi slappin hands on your recent post and I have a question...why does God have a right hand on his left arm???

Just wonderin'

Are you questioning God? *moves to avoid lightning strike*

Those are the finest Redskins uniforms out there. As much as I like what they wear now, the throwbacks would be a considerable upgrade, gold pants, striped socks, spear and all.

No not questioning God but (avoiding going on a religious rant) the Bible does say we were made in His image and my left hand is on my left arm so I imagine God's is too. My instructors in medical school say this is normal.

Didnt they wear those for the entire 2002 season? Why were they able to do so?

That was to celebrate the team's 70th anniversary.

Those uniforms are still available as a "Classic" throwback, but they haven't worn them since...

WashingtonRedskins_3rdJersey_2002-9.jpg

guess what, the Bucs are wearing white at home today which forces the Redskins to wear their burgundy jerseys for the first time this season

And they lost to the Bucs...And to add to my woes, the Panthers won and the Falcons lost to the lowly Packers...Today was a bad day for me :(

Archived