Sportscenter has gone too far

jkrdevil

Right now they are doing a simulated Yankees press Conference. This is crazy and stupid. If they want to talk about possible offseason moves why don't they just discuss it with Steve Phillips in studio. Why put on a show as stupid as this? ESPN sucks.

Haha I just watched that crap too and was about to post on it...It was weird though, watching it I was really confused on just what was going on...I mean I obviously knew it was simulated, but ESPN actually went so far to pretend that the Yankee's were involved in it.

PopHeading-1.gif

ESPN has officially hit rock bottom. What a joke. Last night it was a simulated Red Sox press conference that filled the 10 minutes they weren't talking about Terrell Owens. They are a news show. Shouldn't they just call the Sox or Yankees instead of play-acting like they are talking to them? I don't know how the anchors can do that show with a straight face anymore.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Great tomorrow they are going to do a Cubs one. Again why do something this stupid?

They did the Red Sox yesterday its painfully moronic, its even worse then the mock trials they did for Pete Rose and the Yankees.

And speaking as a Mets fan if Steve Phillips is your GM expect allot of pain

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

okay, can we tone down the friggin' outrage over this...it's stupid, but it's not criminal...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

okay, can we tone down the friggin' outrage over this...it's stupid, but it's not criminal...

The thing that bothers me about it is that it continues to perpetuate that we are only interested in a select few teams. Overall, I don't hate ESPN as much as most people here, but I can't stand all the attention to certain teams. The Yankees, Red Sox and Lakers in particular are ALWAYS news. Even if it's "what's wrong with the..."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The thing that bothers me about it is that it continues to perpetuate that we are only interested in a select few teams. Overall, I don't hate ESPN as much as most people here, but I can't stand all the attention to certain teams. The Yankees, Red Sox and Lakers in particular are ALWAYS news. Even if it's "what's wrong with the..."

I thought I heard they are doing this with all 30 teams.

Simulated press conferences? Next thing you know, there will be a fictional TV show about a fictional presidential campaign that has a live debate, and has the "NBC News" bug in the corner of the screen!

Oh, wait ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I thought I heard they are doing this with all 30 teams.

If they are, then I'll remove my foot from my mouth.

Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs?

I don't see them doing this for the Pirates.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I saw the Sox one and thought it was a bad idea.

For one, in every press conference I ever saw the the answers are always vague. In the sim, they went into specifics when an actual GM would never do this. Could you imagine this-

Reporter: What re you going to do about your hole at first base?

GM Well we are definately looking into Paul Konerko, Derrick Lee, and Albert Pujols.

No instead what you get is this.

GM (to the same question) There are several players we are looking into to fill the void in our lineup.

Reporter: Are you looking into Paul Konerko?

GM: Konerko is certainly a solid player, but I can't go into specifics in regards to who we are looking at. You can be sure, we will do our best to fill the void that we have.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Archived