New Miami Hurricanes Basketball Black Alternate

praeda

In RGB (light, like a computer monitor or TV)?

Black = absence of all colors

White = presence of all colors

IN CMYK (printing/fabrics/tactile products)

Black = presence of all colors

White = absence of all colors

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Black in CMYK printing is not the presence of all colors. It is simply the presence of 100% black. There are "blacks" that use different mixtures of cyan, magenta, and yellow, but any CMYK color with 100% black will be perceived as "black," which in and of itself is a kind of relative term when you're talking about printing, since there are so many ways to produce it graphically.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i'm a providence fan too, but arent their jerseys black and white?

yes, that's why they should be the only team in the big east with black jerseys.

their colors are black and white. the greatest colors in all of college sports.

miami's colors are green, oange and white. that's why they shouldn't have black unis.

Even though they're new to the BIG EAST, Louisville's colors are red and black, so I think they can get a free pass on the whole black jersey thing.

i'm a providence fan too, but arent their jerseys black and white?

yes, that's why they should be the only team in the big east with black jerseys.

miami's colors are green, oange and white. that's why they shouldn't have black unis.

heh, the Canes aint your problem anymore, haven't been for over a year ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

White is the absence of all colors. Black is the presence of all colors.

Therefore, black and/or white can never be an official color.

The above quotes are both courtesy of "Providence", from this thread.

Pick one side of the argument and stay there, chief.

Black and white could never be an official color according to you... until it was mentioned that your favorite school wears black and white, which made them the greatest colors in all of college sports.

:mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

White is the absence of all colors. Black is the presence of all colors.

Therefore, black and/or white can never be an official color.

The above quotes are both courtesy of "Providence", from this thread.

Pick one side of the argument and stay there, chief.

Black and white could never be an official color according to you... until it was mentioned that your favorite school wears black and white, which made them the greatest colors in all of college sports.

:mad:

Don't forget this one:

But, the presence of both black and white in a jersey makes no sense! When you add both black and white, it drowns out the real colors, and just proves it to be a marketing ploy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Gentlemen,

It pains me to see yet another conversation degenerating to a Black and White discussion. Black is beautiful! I am calling for an immediate boycott of the...What this isn't about race? It's about a college basketball uniform? Ah hell, carry on.

Keep hope alive,

Rev. Jesse Jackson

Miami has been great with the out-of-the-box fashion statements the last however many years, but this is one that should have stayed in the box...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Aw, come on, Greg. We both know the Rev. Jesse Jackson would never show up at this discussion board.

Unless there were cameras present. :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Gentlemen,

It pains me to see yet another conversation degenerating to a Black and White discussion. Black is beautiful! I am calling for an immediate boycott of the...What this isn't about race? It's about a college basketball uniform? Ah hell, carry on.

Keep hope alive,

Rev. Jesse Jackson

Miami has been great with the out-of-the-box fashion statements the last however many years, but this is one that should have stayed in the box...

Once you go Pantone (random number that means black) you never go back.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

If you mix all primary colors together equally you'll get grey.

Also correct. Similarly, mixing equal parts of two true compliments will give you neutral grey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you mix all primary colors together equally you'll get grey.

Also correct. Similarly, mixing equal parts of two true compliments will give you neutral grey.

Which...is really all primary colors mixed together. Because equal amounts of red and green...are actually equal amounts of red, yellow, and blue...kinda.

GO COLOR WHEEL!

Archived