CCSLC's 1st Annual Awards Extravaganza

VitaminD

I apologize in advance, but I had to throw this out there. It's a concept, but not involving uniforms - it's more for the board, and I don't know where else to put it.

In chief103182's thread where he is working on an Indian chief logo for his school, I responded with what he thought was really good C&C - so much so that he jokingly nominated me for Best Feedback.

While I appreciated that he got something out of the response, it got me to thinking: why doesn't the CCSLC have some sort of year-end awards poll? In the tradition of the Emmys and Grammys, it would seem logical that we'd have... THE CREAMIES.

Possible categories include:

Best Design (by sport if you felt so inclined)

Best Design (MS Paint division)

Best New Designer

Funniest Thread

Worst Thread (I reflexively nominate this one)

Best Newbie

Best Political Commentary

Best Sports Prognostication

Hottest Babe (just checking to see if you're still paying attention)

And so on.

To quote Andy Reid, "Time's yours". And I apologize again.

Mods - if this belongs on another board, move it as you need to. Including the Graveyard... :blink:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Can we call them the CREAMPIES?

And can we a special lifetime achievement award? I nominate bricknivy for his contributions including unifying the board, against him, but unifying the board nonetheless...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

We've tried it before, and although the intent may be noble (to celebrate the best of the CCSLC), it always seems to get canned on account of the difficulty involved in establishing the least subjective way to nominate and judge nominees, as well as the fact that it often creates more dissension than harmony due to the inherent competition involved.

I'm not trying to rain on any parades, nor am I saying it can't be tried again, but I figured a little background might offer some perspective on some of the issues involved in what would seem to be a light-hearted undertaking.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm not trying to rain on any parades, nor am I saying it can't be tried again, but I figured a little background might offer some perspective on some of the issues involved in what would seem to be a light-hearted undertaking.

I'm sure it'd be a logistical nightmare, and it was proposed with tongue partially in cheek. I was originally just laughing over the thought of winning a "Creamie", and then I thought about it, and wanted to see if there was any legitimate support. I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with this, but I figured I'd throw it out there. Thanks for the info, SyPhi.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ill nominate people

Possible categories include:

Best Design (by sport if you felt so inclined)- Dicrim for Aus. Footy

Best Design (MS Paint division) - was brass but i think he now has ai

Best New Designer - ??

Funniest Thread - too many to nominate one

Worst Thread (I reflexively nominate this one) - the wats ebay thread

Best Newbie - mr limey

Best Political Commentary - saintsfan

Best Sports Prognostication - wats prognostication mean?

Hottest Babe (just checking to see if you're still paying attention) - theres chicks on this board?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i think the only way this would work is for the designer to submit what they think is their best work, then have a 5-10 person panel vote on 10 finalists. after the finalists are sorted out, then the voting could be public from there.

the panel could also pick the finalists for all the other categories.

that said, this idea has been brought up several times before, only to stall due to either lack of interest or lack of effort.

Hottest Babe (just checking to see if you're still paying attention) - theres chicks on this board?

I think ANGELCAT-IDA (sp?) is the only one. She wins by default (or "unanimous proclamation", if she prefers).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I think ANGELCAT-IDA (sp?) is the only one. She wins by default (or "unanimous proclamation", if she prefers).

What about Babydoll?

I don't recall seeing that name before, but I'm new around here. I guess we have a contest. Let's get it on!!

By the way, Vitamin D, in thinking it through, I think a different name is needed. I'm not sure I would want to win a "Creamie", if there were any remote chance I ever would. It sounds kind of dirty, even though I'm not sure if I have ever heard it used that way. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with an alternative.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Dudes, I'll volunteer to be on the "planning" commission for this thing. I think it would be great, especially if we make this a little humo(u)rous. If selected, I will uphold the duties and responsibilities of the Creamie/Creampie planning commission to best of my natural abilities and if I can't, I'll cheat. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

What about Babydoll?

I don't recall seeing that name before, but I'm new around here. I guess we have a contest. Let's get it on!!

By the way, Vitamin D, in thinking it through, I think a different name is needed. I'm not sure I would want to win a "Creamie", if there were any remote chance I ever would. It sounds kind of dirty, even though I'm not sure if I have ever heard it used that way. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with an alternative.

She's big boss man's girlfriend... *points at chris*

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived