San Jose State hockey to unveil 3rd jersey

Puckguy14

Guys, I've been keeping this hush hush. But I've had some exciting news happen just now. San Jose State hockey, a team where I've assisted on creating their game program from scratch, has officially ok'd my design for their third jersey. Yes, I know it's not as big as Sterling's Manitoba Moose jersey contest win, but for the first time a team will use a design I made in real life.

More details to follow. Including the date they are unveiled. Most likely it will be worn in January and arrive before Christmas.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49er fan, they only sell at the games though. Although, if you talk to the webmaster at www.sjsuhockey.com and see if he can find a way.

The team is going to wait on it's response before selling them. They are ordering mine with the team so I'll be the only who is not a member of the team that will have one. And of course, they put Puckguy and #14 on the back. :hockeysmiley:

• 1 month later...

IT'S OFFICIAL! IT'S PUCKING OFFICIAL!

San Jose State hockey will wear their brand new third jerseys, Saturday night. Again, I can't show the final product, but the flyers that I made, show the logo...with clouds.

The logo itself was made by myself and a friend of mine. She was the original creator, but I came in with the ok from her, to clean it up and encase it in a Thrashers-like triangle.

flyer_game8.jpg

All I will say is that the jersey will be black and has a tie up lace.

Congrats, Puck. That's awesome.

What division is SJSU? Missouri State has a D-II ACHA program. I'd love a Bears jersey, but I have not seen them being sold anywhere. Will the general public - like folks on this board - have a chance to purchase this new third jersey?

Congrats again. I can't wait to see the jersey.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

That logo looks freakin' sweet! Can't wait to see the whole design. Puck, post pics when you can, and keep us updated with ordering info - I'll buy one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Congrats, Puck. That's awesome.

What division is SJSU? Missouri State has a D-II ACHA program. I'd love a Bears jersey, but I have not seen them being sold anywhere. Will the general public - like folks on this board - have a chance to purchase this new third jersey?

Congrats again. I can't wait to see the jersey.

SJSU is also in Division II ACHA. They currently hold the top spot in the West for the first time in history. I don't know if they will have jerseys for sale. I mean I was one of two people that doesn't play for the team that got it. So perhaps if its popular enough, this will make them get more.

Hey Puck guy, thats rad man, I can't wait to see them. As a member of the University of Washington hockey team, I hope we make it to Regionals (in your barn I beleive) so I can get a chance to see them in person. I like how some of the ACHA D-II seems to be getting their acts together (us as an example) and making the product they put out there look professional. You guys have always looked good and have the blue helmets to go with it, but some of the teams we play have guys with wild colored pants and gloves that dont match. I'm glad teams are starting to put money in to 3rd jerseys and that type of thing. I think the more professional the league looks the more respect it will gain. Its not the greatest hockey ever, but its damn sure better than beer league hockey.

On a side note and cheap self plug, I designed the new UW Hockey jerseys we've been wearing. Basically anything was an improvment over the old set we had. We've also worked with Itech to get custom purple helmets (rad idea from the coaches) and all have matching Itech gloves and pants.

Old Jersey: Not even really our school colors

AwayJersey_tn.jpg

New Jerseys:

newHomeJersey_tn.jpg

newAwayJersey_tn.jpg

SEAsig.png

Sharp jerseys, benpc21.

MO State tries to do it right. All the players have black helmets and breezers and their jerseys are sharp. These are the home jerseys:

Hockey4.jpg

The roads are maroon with "Missouri State" horizontally across the front and the bear head on the shoulders. I agree with you about making the product look professional. It's hard to take a team or a program seriously when their equipment doesn't match the uniforms or the other players.

Sounds like SJSU is doing it right, too. Can't wait to see pics of the new jersey's Puck.

One more question...I kinda like the "SJSU" logo they use on their jerseys and that new alt logo is hella tight. But I noticed they don't use the Spartans helmet logo anywhere...are they not able to use it or do they just choose not to?

sjsu.gif

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

To answer all at once.

Jr79: Yeah it is black. They wanted to go a different color, but citing the monstrosities of Nashville and Boston with yellow alternates, they decided to go with the other secondary color the school now uses.

BenPC21: How's it going? The Huskies unis look a lot better. With the elimination of the black, you gotta go for purple, or if you want, spray paint them gold, and perhaps go with the football style hockey helmet like Michigan does and Ohio State did for a game. But I agree completely. The West region needs to show that it's respectable. All the attention goes to Colorado and Utah schools. The strong everyone else gets, the better.

Kess: I don't know why the Spartan head it's not used. This was really the first time the team has looked at making any changes. But the team likes the simple Caps-style jerseys, which were rumored at Nationals last year to be "boring and horrible" Personally they look better than the ones I've seen. I did a special Spartan logo for them, that includes the head in there. I guess they want to prevent a lawsuit just to be on the safeside. But that SJSU logo has been there since day one.

Friday I'll show it. Gotta give the super special sneak preview!

Boston has really nice looking yellow jerseys, they're just not worn on the ice. Talk a look at some of the heritage jerseys, and even down to Providence for its Sunday alternate.

It's too bad that the Winnie-the-Pooh/Charlie Brown monstrosity kept you from a yellow jersey.

But congrats anyway on getting your designs on the ice. Can't wait to see the pics!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived