new miami dolphins helmet

NDwas

That is a fantastic concept.

That sun in the background has always made the Dolphins helmets look too cluttered. Plus, as was said earlier, it looked like the Dolphin was jumping through a hoop.

Very, very good. One of the best concepts I've seen.

i always thought it was a hoop......... :therock:

It can't be a hoop because, if I recall correctly, Flipper is completely in front of it. No part of the sun is in front of him to give the illusion that he's jumping through it. It's also a perfect circle, I think, so there's no perspective to give the illusion that he's jumping sideways through it. It may allude to a hoop, but it's definitely a sun.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nice concept....as the sun/hoop thing goes...on the sportslogos.net website it is listed as a sun...Anyway I'm surprised they haven't switched to these logos on their helmets...I mean that dolphin with the football has been created as an alt since I think '96...It would make it a bit more updated to actually use that logo on the helmets though...very nice!

CIDesignSig.png

here's one with their current teal facemask:

0011.jpg

i absolutely love that! i wish i could get it ona a mini helmet for myself.

kinda unrelated, but is this dolphin helmet authentic in any way or is it a complete fake? was it ever used? ever considered?

dolphinshelmet.png

thanks

once again great helmet dude!

prototype is the bottom one never used though..Thank god

3teamsigANIM.gif

a little modernization without going too far...

MIA_876dsda.jpg

hmm... not as original as we thought???

found this at logoserver

MiamiDolphins2b.GIF

not taking anything away from it though, its a great idea.

I don't think he ever suggested that the logo was an original idea.

As for taking the helmet off the dolphin, as P.I.L.L. suggested -- NOOOOOO!!! That is too much a part of the Dolphins' identity, even if it does look a little goofy.

And keep the teal facemask, not white or orange.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2005 Dolphins' media guide notes that it is a sun in the logo (from the section on the different logo changes/updates). Not a hoop.

The original logo featured the dolphin jumping in front

of a sunburst using the team?s base colors (aqua, coral

and white). In 1972, the dolphin was repositioned in front

of the sunburst and the aqua color was strengthened. In

1997, the traditional logo and colors were kept as a base,

while the sunburst on the logo was accentuated and the

dolphin was strengthened with a stronger definition of its

shape. In addition, the sunburst was more prominently

displayed with the elimination of the hashmarks around

the sun?s perimeter, while the dolphin?s features were

accentuated by navy highlights.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Looks great. Here's a thought on a slight change - how about making the "M" in the dolphin's helmet aqua and superimposing it over the sun that you took off of the main decal. That would jazz the "subhelmet" up a bit and give a little nod to tradition.

Looks great. Here's a thought on a slight change - how about making the "M" in the dolphin's helmet aqua and superimposing it over the sun that you took off of the main decal. That would jazz the "subhelmet" up a bit and give a little nod to tradition.

Good idea!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Nice update. And I'd stay with the aqua facemasks - white looks amiss, and orange draws attention to a color that isn't as dominant as aqua in the scheme.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived