Miami Dolphins Concept

Cujo

First thing I did here was eliminate the current Miami logo with the sun and replaced with with their secondary logo with the dolphin and the football. I also removed all traces of purple and replaced it with dark aqua, but it's only used in the logo. As for the uniforms, I went back to the original Dolphins, but down to three stripes instead of five on helmet sleves and pants. I also created a secondary logo with the sun and "M" and used it as a patch (like NYJ and PIT) and there you have it.

C&C as always. Thanks.

proj_mia.png

6uXNWAo.png

I really like the chest logo you did. I don't remember that being historical, so I'll assume you made that. My brother's a HUGE Phin's fan, so these jerseys are very reminiscent for me. The new logo is a definite upgrade, although I always liked the sun on the helmet. At least you incorporated it in that chest logo. I especially like your use of Mark Clayton and Mark Duper(shares my b-day). Where's John Offerdahl, Irving Spikes, Pete Stoyanovich etc....

Overall, I like these, but please quietly remove the aqua pants from the set with the orange alt and pretend they were never there . . . sort of like Chuck Cunningham on Happy Days. B)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I like the primaries alot. The dolphin looks better without the sun.

I'd get rid of the shoulder logo and the alt, then they'd be great.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really like the chest logo you did. I don't remember that being historical, so I'll assume you made that. My brother's a HUGE Phin's fan, so these jerseys are very reminiscent for me. The new logo is a definite upgrade, although I always liked the sun on the helmet. At least you incorporated it in that chest logo. I especially like your use of Mark Clayton and Mark Duper(shares my b-day). Where's John Offerdahl, Irving Spikes, Pete Stoyanovich etc....

Reggie Roby!....or one of my favs..Brian Cox (for all those bills fans out there)

Go 'Fins!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I like the shoulder pad logo. Simple yet nifty!

I would never take the sun off the helmet logo.

I would definitely get rid of all the navy they use now, except to use it for the drop shadows, replacing the black.

As for the orange alt, I had an orange-colored Dolphins sweatshirt in kindergarten and loved it, and after waiting over twenty years to see an orange Dolphins jersey I still think there is something off about it. I love the idea of the orange jersey, but maybe an orange facemask is needed with it.

I would definitely get rid of all the navy they use now, except to use it for the drop shadows, replacing the black.

The drop shadows now are navy, not black... and why keep navy only for the drop shadows if it's not anywhere else on the uniform?

Curty - again another good concept. You mix old and new pretty well with a number of teams.

BTW Curty, I don't mean to hijack your concept, but did you ever think about replacing the navy in the logo with gray (as in the color of a real dolphin)? Keep the color of the dolphin teal, of course, and just highlight it with gray. Maybe gray would make it have too many light colors...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The drop shadows now are navy, not black... and why keep navy only for the drop shadows if it's not anywhere else on the uniform?

I stand corrected... the drop shadows do seem to be navy now that I look more closely...

As for why I would keep the navy in the drop shadow, it is because I like the drop shadow, and it don't think a white or orange drop shadow would look good on the aqua jersey.

I'm just not crazy about trimming the stripes and the insignia with navy. I think a dark green might look nicer. I admit the navy works well. It gives the uniform a heavier, more substantial feel. But somehow a darker green would seem more tropical and fitting than the navy does.

BTW Curty, I don't mean to hijack your concept, but did you ever think about replacing the navy in the logo with gray (as in the color of a real dolphin)? Keep the color of the dolphin teal, of course, and just highlight it with gray. Maybe gray would make it have too many light colors...

I actually did eliminate the navy in my concept, but just replaced it with a darker shade of aqua. Guess you just gotta look real close to notice it. Gray is a good idea, especially if I'm goin old school, especially since i really dislike the navy blue "The Fish" currently use.

6uXNWAo.png

BTW Curty, I don't mean to hijack your concept, but did you ever think about replacing the navy in the logo with gray (as in the color of a real dolphin)? Keep the color of the dolphin teal, of course, and just highlight it with gray.  Maybe gray would make it have too many light colors...

Something like this??

mia_logo.png

Nice idea. I think it looks pretty nice. Much better than navy.

6uXNWAo.png

Something like this??

mia_logo.png

Nice idea. I think it looks pretty nice. Much better than navy.

Yeah! It looks pretty good. The dark aqua you used looks pretty good too. Anything but that navy :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived